Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Inebriated Pecker Obstructionist
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Riverside/Fontana in SoCal, and last night I stopped to fill up, and it was $2.09 for 87 oct. Gas prices have gone up over $0.50/gal in the last week.
Will Al Queda take responsiblity for this too? Or can we just blame this on Grey Davis?

What are gas prices like in your area?

Latre, Al

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
monday they were 1.59 - 1.79 for regular (87), up to 1.79-2.09 for premium (93,94)

they've gone up about 10 cents.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
between $1.95 and $2.10 so far around my area

·
Registered
75 Posts
Down here in San Diego its about $2.05. I was talking to the gas station attendent the other day and he was telling me that it will only get worse. He claimed $3 by labor day. His excuse was that the arizona refineries stopped producing so the california refineries were sending their gas to arizona, causing there to be less gas in california and making the price of gas go up here. Not sure how true that story is, but at least it seems like it could be possible...right?

·
Registered
176 Posts
AZ gets all their oil from CA and TX. And the pipeline from Tucson to Phoenix (coming from TX) broke, and was shut down. So gas in Phoenix is the highest in the nation. But the TX pipe is coming back online soon, and then the gas situation will level out in the southwest.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Last time i filled up it was $1.54 for 93 oct.
HEB rocks.

Well this morning i got 93 oct. for $1.67. If it goes past 1.70 i plan on pulling the Diablo out.

·
Inebriated Pecker Obstructionist
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But, gas will continue to rise until Labor Day, then it will drop shortly after.
The problem is that oil companies realize that people are still going to take vacation, and still go places, because it's the last big weekend of the summer, so they jack up the price of fuel because people are still going to drive their cars. People don't cancel vacations for a few dollars more in gas.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's about 1.82 gal for 93 in NJ where I go. It seems the oil companies are raising it more than a normal summer holiday price increase because of the power blackout last week. At least that's the excuse they are using on this side of the country.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
You can actually blame the Goddamn 'Zonies for this one... the pipeline that carries gas fom LA to Phoenix, Tucson and El Paso was about to pop south of Phoenix, so they had to shut it down.

They're payng $4-$5 a gallon for 87 in places..... Lines like in the 70's with gas stations closing due to being out of gas.

BTW... AAA has a lil gas survey thingy.... if you're a member.. http://www.aaa-calif.com/auto-own/opis.asp

·
Registered
176 Posts
But, gas will continue to rise until Labor Day, then it will drop shortly after.
The problem is that oil companies realize that people are still going to take vacation, and still go places, because it's the last big weekend of the summer, so they jack up the price of fuel because people are still going to drive their cars. People don't cancel vacations for a few dollars more in gas.
Supply and Demand my friend, supply and demand.

In the summer, people drive more for vacation, so the demand for gas is greater, thus the supply diminishes and the price goes up. After labor day, summer vacation season is over, and the demand goes down. When the demand goes down, the supply comes back up, and the price goes down. It's economics 101.

·
Registered
729 Posts
1.55 on average in akron ohio

·
Registered
193 Posts
Here in Good Ole Bloomington home of the highest gas in Indiana. Gas went up from 1.54 for 87 to 1.98 for 87. Gas Goes up here every wednesday night and comes done somewhat on Sun Morning. Besides it is move in time for the new college students so Gas Prices will be high here for the next two weeks. I hate Bloomington Gas Prices

·
Registered
143 Posts
Fer cheap ole 87 it's $1.59 here in lubbock, just came back from racetrack in dallas it was $1.59 for 93 oct

1 - 20 of 51 Posts