Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wish everyone would stop crying about 30 g-damn cents
Hundreds of thousands of people have been displaced and an entire city has been destroyed and all anyone can talk about is how its 3dollars more expensive today to fill up our [censored] economy cars give me a god damn break!!

there i said it

QUIT YOUR BITCHING

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Austin we have plenty of room to bitch. I work in the oil industry and from what I have seen they are scaming us to pay for the damages to their properties in the gulf coast area. There is no reason any of the west coast prices should have changed. We get our fuel from completely different sorces then the east coast and NONE of them were affected by the Hurricane. None of our supply routes were affected in any way, so we do not have a shortage of any kind on the west coast, so our prices should not have changed even with the panic buying there still should have been no change in price. The oil companies are recouping their loses through our purchases. Even though they have insurance to cover their property lossed they are having losses do to the stations being closed, so they decided to pass this on to the rest of the country so that they can make an exta buck durring a tradgety. This is their only concern, and Bush isn't going to do a damm thing about it because he is making a few bucks as well, through his companies. The pipe line in Louisiana has not stop flowing fuel they made that up because of all of the power outages in the area it gave them an excuse to raise the prices. Every stop along the pipeline there are emergency generators that run off of the fuel in the pipeline that keep the pumps running. They installed these so that they would not have any stopage in flow so that they would not loose any money for fuel shortages. All of this is BS on the part of the Oil companies so that they can make a buck. There is no way to stop them from doing it so we have to bend over and take it. The news media just goes along with it and try to scare the crap out of everyone so that they buy more fuel and artificially creat shortages which compound the situation and drives the prices higher and all the while the oil companies sit back and make more money on fuel that hasn't cost them 1 dime more to produce but are charging us 30 cent more to buy now tell me it is just 30 g-damm cents. Add that up 300 million people live in the US and there are probably 200 million cars @ .30 cents a gallon 10 gallons each that is $3.00 each fill up times 200 million that equals $600,000,000.00 million dollars in one day if everyone only got 10 gallons of gas. Now who is the sucker in this situation.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you didn't loose your house and your your whole way of life,
sure you cant take the kids out to dinner a few extra times this week or you cant buy that intercooler of yours. but your family and your way of life is pretty much the same.
How about you loose your house your job, maby a few family members, a pet, a close friend. then lets see what 30 cents a gallon means to you.

Im just trying to put everything in perspective. 9/11 wasn't [censored] compared to this, and yet gas is all anyone at work, school, this board talks about.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ps this country was built on consumerism, it is the way it is becuase of our economic system. supply and demand

·
Registered
231 Posts
I don't think anybody is saying the tragedy from the hurricane in New Orleans isn't worth worrying about. For gods sakes it's a hell hole down there. But he does have a point with the whole oil thing...it's f'ed up what their doing but its even more f'ed up that it took the federal government 4 F***ING DAYS to get aid to those people in New Orleans and its surrounding areas.....and to think their just now starting the pick the dead bodies up out of the water....f***ing government pisses me off sometimes. God Bless the USA.

·
Registered
277 Posts
This is all about legally robbing you and me!
Load up a flatbed semi with lumber and head down there and charge $24.00 a 2X4 to the folks rebuilding and see how fast you end up in jail! That's my $.02.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts