Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok is it just MY local area or what??? I am in Ft Walton Beach (Panhandle), Florida... On my way to work I passed about 7 gas stations as usual. Every single one of 'em...out of gas. Plastic bags over all the nozzles at every pump. Even the gas station on Eglin AFB was dry. Are we having a gas shortage or what? There were cars parked in the medians and on the side of the road everywhere im guessing due to lack of gasoline available. I sure am glad i filled up yesterday afternoon. Anyone know if this is related to the hurricane we just had and if this should last long???

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
Sucks to be you guys.

The local distributer must have had an issue... Could be the hurricane... or like maybe someone complained the gas was contaminated with water or something, and then every station that uses that dist. had to be treated. Who knows.

Here in Texas though we water our plants and wash our cars with gasoline cuz we have so much. Even our mexicans sing about it... Dame mas gasolina! (gusta la gasoliiina)

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Could be the hurricane... or like maybe someone complained the gas was contaminated with water or something, and then every station that uses that dist. had to be treated. Who knows.
My exact thought.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Yes it is due to the hurricane that caused the interruption of gas.

·
Registered
823 Posts
it is the same here in pensacola.. wierd because this past weekend I got gas at three different places.
jake

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
I'll spill a little for my poor hurricane beat on homies at the gas station when I fill up next.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You two are from the Panhandle area? RIGHT ON! I live in navarre (travel to FWB for work). Nice to see some fellow jetters in the area! I smell a mini-g2g

1 - 7 of 7 Posts