Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just built up my bottom end and now im putting it all back together. I was wondering what gaskets does everyone recommend for the cylinder head, intake and exhaust mani, and any other misc. ones???

·
Registered
823 Posts
you might want to start smaller first pcv, oil pump, water pump etc.... look into this because it is very important, on both sides of the crank especially.. no leaks is the common goal I would think.. Look on ebay they sell gasket kits for the bottom end.. Otherwise, intake mani, exhaust mani, head, egr... Good luck this is a real fun process for the re-build and re-install..
jake

·
Registered
823 Posts
for what? look on ebay for a bottom end rebuild gasket kit.. If you just got done rebuilding the bottom end and you dont know what gaskets you need then you need to get at least a book or something.. please research..
jake

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I wouldn't use anything but OEM ford stuff. and be extra careful when installing the rear main seal. Be sure to install the seal into the retainer THEN install the retainer to the engine. If you do it opposite, you won't get it centered with the crank and leak everytime.

Scott

·
Registered
823 Posts
well oem works for stock but if you don't think it will work good luck finding or making your own gaskets..But definetly make sure you check the clearances as said above.. very important.. good luck
jake

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
windage tray, oil pick up, new oil pump, front and rear main seals, water pump gasket, and new water pump. Thats about it for the bottom end.

Head gaskets: zx3 is .020, svt haed gasket is .040, or you can go with cometic and get any size you want.

top end: cam seals, valve cover, intake manifold gaskets if needed, then felp=pro exhaust manifold gasket.

Misc. 1 Tube of motorcraft grey high performance silicon.

I only recomend OEM ford parts for something like this. I recal total cost around 200 for everything from the local parts counter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts