Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I got indiglo gauges. I followed the sticky, installed them, and THEY work. the problem is with my gauges themselves, nothing is working. No speedometer, odometer, or anything else ending in "ometer"!!!

Any guesses experts??

UPDATE:
I got a replacement gauge plug from focus salvage, and btw if you need any OEM parts, give them a hollah, jeremy has helped me out twice now! Ok, anyways, when playin with the plug, it was clear that the plug wasn't going all the way in, and when I pushed it a certain way, it finally engaged, and HALLELUJAH!!! MY GAUGES FINALLY WORK!!! And they look sweet, still!

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: gauge cluster help!!!!

yeah... i did, a couple of times. I seem to remember reading somewhere about a potential "grounding" of the gauges, by tightening some screws too tight??

·
Registered
2,375 Posts

Make sure the needles aren't making contact with the gauges, keeping them from turning. When I installed my gauge face, I made sure to pull all the needles up a little (not off their posts, though) so they wouldn't drag on the new, thicker face.

·
That one was just me not paying attention....and s
7,509 Posts

i would just try to unplug the harness and make sure its plugged in all the way. The Indiglo gauges themselves wont cause all of your "ometer's" to stop working...I know i had a loose ground wire once and it just caused my indiglo's to stop lighting up..not everything else

·
Registered
6,779 Posts

There is a red clasp on the back of the harness that needs to be seated to pull the contacts in fully.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Ok, update....I pulled it all apart, and what is goin on is that the plug isn't making a good connection with the pins. The clasp, is pulled down tight, but it won't work until I push on it a little more. I looks like the clasp itself wore down when i removed it. I'm really not sure what to do now. I just hope that I didn't ruin my car with a $20 mod! Any suggestions? I was gonna try the universal fix...DUCTAPE!!

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts

So the clasp isn't pushing the harness down all the way, but is completely seated?

·
Registered
6,779 Posts

Look at the receptive plug on the gauges and make sure you didnt bend any of the pins, an ink pen works well to straighten them.
You need to plug it in tightly, all the way in, then pull the clasp down making sure the corner catches are grabing the side of the body, pulling the plug in tighter.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

yes, its completely seated...I'm stumped really, the clasp looks a little "worn", I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts