Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Project's coming along nicely, got the oil pressure done yesterday and the a/f I guess is doing what it's supposed to (spazing out). Now for the fun one, water temp. I've read everything that's ever been posted on here but still have a couple questions. It seems the best place to tap in is the plug on top of the thermostat housing. It's angled down in there, is it actually a plug that'll pop out? how thick is it there? I have a few different sized adapters for the fitting, I'd like to get as many threads contacting as possible so I may drill out the plug to fit one size bigger. Any experienced advice greatly appreciated. Is there a gasket between the thermostat housing and the head? Please let me know, I'm doing a write up with photos for future reference, anxious to get em all done. Thanks in advance. Latahh

g

·
Registered
406 Posts
Not sure about the water temp guage but this is what the a/f guage should look like under normal operation:

Also, I'm quite curious on how your water temp install goes so please keep me posted.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I had the top of the thermastat drilled out & taped to fit the adapter for the sensor. If you need pictures I can send them to you.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, got the water temp gauge done. I put the sender in the top of the thermostat housing. No leaks so far. It's only reading just a hair over 100 so far at idle, hopefully it'll go up on my way home. If everything's good, I'll take pix and do a write up for anyone interested. Thanks for the help, later doods

g

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was wondering if your gauges are electrical or mechnical? It would be really great if you would post pics and directions on how you hooked the gauges up. Because I have the oil pressure and water temp. gauges in my car but I only have the lights on the gauges hooked. Please help me out. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts