Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to installing the CM stage 4, Fidanza flywheel and the Quaife LSD. Yes, the cornering difference is very noticeable; this car is PLANTED to the ground

On the other hand, I'm experiencing gear noise while coasting in gear. I was told that the LSD needed to be shimmed during installation which my guy (a trusted Ford mechanic) said he did. So I'm wondering if this is just an inherent sound of the LSD or did my guy screw up during the install.

I'm hoping those of you out there with the LSD can shed some light on this.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
that gear noise is normal from your upgrades....now if the car was bucking before it took off, then it would not be shimmed properly from the wrong backlash setting.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I have the quaife/act clutch/fidanza flywheel/4.06 gear combo

Yes I also get that meshing sound when coasting in gear, even accelerating. Its normal from what Ive heard on here.

Do you get flywheel chatter? I get it sometimes and other times its quiet.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is good to hear so far. I haven't noticed any flywheel chatter. The only other differences I have noticed is the lightness of the clutch pedal compared to stock and a slight binding feel when making slow speed turns in places like parking lots. The clutch rather surprised me since the clamping force is supposed to be 170% greater than stock (ClutchMasters claim). The binding I'm assuming is also an inherent trait of the Quaife.

I'm sure time will reveal more.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts