Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Few months ago somebody wrote that changed gears with taller ratio gear set for better acceleration. I could not find that post. Who was that? How is his car doing now? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
quite a few people have gone 4.06s...however 4 the money/labor/time involved and the loomin considerations of gas mpg reduction due 2 higher ratio....u'd b better served in gettin a dedicated set of drag radials or slix (based on mods). most all have a shorter 'rollout' thus givin u that shorter ratio, and only when u want it. throw ur correct stock size stuff back on 4 day2day, and then u get that good stock ratio back 4 better economy.

-Ult

[ 03-16-2003, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About gears.
I replaced gears in rear end on my previous 1990 5.0 Mustang from stock 2.76 to 3.55 and it became like rocket. Yes gas mileage dropped little, but acceleration, fun to drive….no words. Drove that car for 6 years-no problem. So I was very happy with that modified car. Now I’m interesting to change gears on my 2002 Focus.
So who did that? What is stock ratio for ZX 5 speed? How much parts/labor cost? Who is doing gear replacement for FWD cars in Los Angeles, CA? How reliable that modification on Focus?
Want to hear you guys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts