Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
TEAM Sponsor
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, yes i did a search....came up with alot of different set-ups....but my situation is different. I have a friend who will make me any size pulley for my JRSC at work. My question is....i would like to stick between 7-10psi....but i don't want to have excessive intake air temps. I was thinking maybe a 2.4 or 2.5 pulley. Any opinions or suggestions would be great. Also, what psi is everyone making with the 2.6? Thanx.

Clint

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Boost levels seem to vary among engines-I get 5lbs max with the 2.6 pulley, while others get 7 lbs. I dont know if there is an issue with the boost gauge itself or that's just the way boost levels are. JR said that as intake and exhaust restrictions go down, boost may also go down but power will go up. High intake temps are a fact of life with the JRSC, no matter what size pulley you use and they increase as your boost goes up. I am using the Aquamist water injection to cool the charge-works great and I don't get the hot weather power drop that i got last summer. Before I put the FC race header on, I dyno tested 169/140. I have the 2.3" pulley waiting to go in, I picked that because I know a few others have used it. ASP will fabricate any size pulley you want but 2.3" may be as small as will work on the S/C. I hope to dyno around 180 when I get the 2.3" on.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Re: Getting a custom pulley made for my JRSC and..

Mine maxed out at 6 psi at about 70 degrees outside temperature and right at the rev limiter (which is still at 6750 RPM). I would generally get to about 5.5 psi around 6500 RPM just before I shifted (if I were driving fast).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts