Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Me and my friend are wanting to get into stage rally. here is what we have so far.

8 point welded in cage
svt subframes and brakes
svt suspension
duratec motor/trans
svt 5 spoke 16" wheels
car is completely stripped except dash
corbeau racing seats

what would you suggest we do? what do we need? mainly looking for some tips.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello all!

Me and my friend are wanting to get into stage rally. here is what we have so far.

8 point welded in cage
svt subframes and brakes
svt suspension
duratec motor/trans
svt 5 spoke 16" wheels
car is completely stripped except dash
corbeau racing seats

what would you suggest we do? what do we need? mainly looking for some tips.
I'm right up the road from you about 20 miles and we have an excellent forum with a good deal of building and crap all about US and Canadian Stage rally---with emphasis on club level guys, not rich guys pretending to be "Pros".

Get some photos together of what that cage looks like, what nmaterial it is, what size and wall thickness it is, then come over to www.rallyanarchy.com , sign on---and we have ONE INFLEXIBLE RULE: Real names and real location---then start a thread saying "Hey Gene Mc. What am I going need to add to this cage?"

16" won't do you any good, gravel tires are max 15".
You will need good serious suspension, I thinkl near the end of this other thread just below there are excellent photos of very good suspension only a few hundred dollars more that the HotBitch stuff which here in the PNW is totally inadequate.

Get over there and sign up and read about our plans to turn the motor 90 degrees and make 'em drive the right wheels. Lots of piccies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts