Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the proud (but sometimes pissed off) owner of an SVT, I can hardly beleive how much fun I had tonight "test driving" my girlfriends new RSX type S. We picked it up at the dealership at 8pm, and by 9pm I was pretty confident that it outperforms my SVT in every possible way...
Of course she paid $5k more than I did, but I didnt expect it to be SUCH a cool car. To bad its a Honda product, I might trade my car in on one also!
Anyway, does anyone know of any RSX boards out there, I did a search and only found some private web pages. She already has the $$ to spend on it, and is consiodering the JRSC (well, Im considering the JRSC and she would pay for it...)
Any help will be appreicated!

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Thats kool i've heard alot about it being a pretty nice car. But remember if you do get it your losing Low end torque, Braking, and handling from ur SVT.

When the SVT was being introduced they had about 10 SVT's at the Streets of Willow along with a few RSX Type S's and the RSX's had to stop running after only a few laps due to cooked brakes and other problems. If this is only a street ride then it should be ok, if your autox'ing or possibling doing some lapping then i would stick with the SVT.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
that was one of the cars i was considering getting when i got my focus...
price kept me at bay, although i do like em.

and, no, i dont know of any forums...

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Congrats to your girlfriend on getting her new Acura RSX Type-S

I am not familiar with any RSX boards either but maybe run a search on google.com for Acura RSX board link and see what displays.BTW,that is how I found focaljet when I bought my car.

Maybe someone else on FJ will be able to recommend a RSX site.

·
Registered
641 Posts
What so bad about Honda ? Because it can outlast others ? Or may be because their S2000 outperforms other roadsters ?

Congrats on the RSX-S, I like the engine but I hate the way it looks....for those who say Honda got no torque need to test drive the new i-VTEC engine.

=dRe=

Of course she paid $5k more than I did, but I didnt expect it to be SUCH a cool car. To bad its a Honda product, I might trade my car in on one also!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone for all the info. especially the links to RSX forums... I have no idea how I didnt find that on my own...
As for her plans, right now she wants mods. that will be mostly for looks (except for the suspension.) The fun part is, she gave me a budget and told me to do the shopping...
First things will be suspension and CAI. The damn engine is WAY to quiet for me (so its too quiet for her then too!)
And she insists upon a CF hood. BUT, I dont think its gonna look right on her silver car unless she has the outsides painted to match body color...
Anyway, thanks again and you will probably see me tooling around in it here shortly! I am still amazed at how much fun it is to drive!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Get a cold air for that beast.They add like 20whp and 5ft/lbs just with that simple mod.Mod the hell out of it

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I'm in almost the same exact position. My girlfriend was going to get a type-s, but ended up with a VW 1.8T. She gave me a budget of 4K for engine mods, so I'm in the process of researching all the VW sites. Nice to see I'm not alone

·
Registered
641 Posts
Here is your first mod should be:

*DC Sport CAI with relocated windshield washer box

=dRe=

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
Todd:

HONDATA

their sticker says "Hondata" and then underneath it is "HONDATD" in binary. hondatd. lol. morons.

If they can't even write their name in binary correctly, would you trust them to program your ECU?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts