·
Registered
1,389 Posts
ATX=axis of evil.

Good luck though!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Call toolebox cause he's got the setup dreams are made of and he taint gonna need it no mo. You're just in time and this would be very wise.Team moderator and member of central florida

·
Registered
193 Posts
The tranny is weak. A CAI/Exhaust can kill it.
c'mon...that is so untrue. an ATX can handle another 30 whp.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I don't have my mods listed in my sig. anymore....due to me finally paying off the car enough to where I can trade it in, but that's a differant story.

The 4f27e (spelling) tranny can not hold anything more than stock, I expieranced this with mine first handed after I put my head pkg. intake ect. on (I put the head pkg on at 61k miles and it went out at 76k miles)
And it went out again at 90k miles

2 blown tranny's make john boy seriously pissed off!

So basically what I'm trying to say is, if you plan on building your autotragic focus to anything what a 5-speed can be...
... Build the *pos* transmission

Peace,
john-

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Call toolebox cause he's got the setup dreams are made of and he taint gonna need it no mo. You're just in time and this would be very wise.Team moderator and member of central florida
his built tranny is for sale PM him for info

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
If you want to go all motor with your Zetec I would suggest asking Focus Central, they have the fastest all motor Focus in North America (world?)...

But if you want my opinion... I don't know if it's as true for automatics if it is for a manual, but the main thing about going all motor is COMPRESSION! Compression is the key to having a real fast all motor car. Yes bolt ons well work to a degree but compression is what ultimately gives you the power and the speed an all motor engine well give you.

I would suggest upping your compression, I think the stock compression ratio for a Zetec motor is about 9.5:1 (?). Upping the ratio (for example to 10:1) well give you a bigger and better compression eventually slamming down your pistons hard and pulling your crack harder = Volia! Big power! There's a couple of waysto better your compression (In a very simple example)...

1. Get lower/stronger gaskets between your valve cover and top block...

2. Or get taller/stronger piston heads....

When we did an all motor CRX we upped the compression by .5 ponits (through the use of gaskets) and it was a miricle what it did for our car. Along with piston heads and gaskets I would also suggest a better fuel system (injectors and rail) and also MSD. Of course you also have the bolts ons such as your catback (not catalyic converter if you're very serious), headers (4-1), and intake (short ram of course)...

A sports chip would be nice (for a better redline and power) and a kick a** flywheel is always good to reach the redline faster...But the thing that can break or make a killer all motor car are camshafts and cam gears (the timing I mean not product really)...A performance manual tyranny would help out alot too...

You need to find the best timing when it comes to camshafts w/ the cam gears. This well ultimately set up everything for your compression. If you have all the bolt ons and right compression ratio but you're not timing the exhaust and the intake valves right...You might be losing alot of the poltential (mispell) horsepower you might be getting at the wheels! I don't know what combination is the best for the Focus so don't ask me...but I know many other people on Focaljet can answer this question better then me (on the camshafts question I mean)..

Slam on some slicks and light rims (on our all motor CRX we ran with 14 inch TE-37s and Nitto slicks) and you should be ready...

Oh yeah..did I tell you all I listed costed a few thousand dollars???
Whoops...But trust me I didn't purposely mean to do this but I just wanted to warn you on all you need to be a real fast all-motor car...It's (building an all motor car) harder in some ways then a turbo/super charged car but I always had a soft spot for all motor cars (must be the Honda inside of me)...Dang I write long..sorry

Tell us what you decide to do!

PEACE

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
nitto is now makign 13" drag radials. Id def hit up some of those. (steel rims off a lawnmower or something, i dunno).

Also, you can (and should) go up to about 12:1 compression on 93. SOme run as high as 14.5, if you've got balls do it.

You're gonna have no low-end torque if you go all-motor. Just the nature of the beast. Go stage 4 int, stage 3 exh, or custom grinds. Some do custom grind quite cheaply. get your exhuast flowing .74 the cfm of your intake ports when the guy ports it. Try to keep yoru camshafts to a similar ratio of area under the valve cover.
And then send me a timeslip/pics and let me drool

·
Registered
489 Posts
The tranny is weak. A CAI/Exhaust can kill it.
HA. Your [censored] stupid, actually I am surprised your brain figured out how to reply to this post.....

·
Registered
193 Posts
i wonder who here on focaljet has the most power on a stock auto tranny? all motor? forced induction?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I have a slightly upgraded ATX

more aggresive clutch packs and a B&M Transcooler

my power mods are as follows:

Iceman intake with K&N cone filter
DiabloSport chip
STR cam gears
Esslinger UDP
Denso Iridium plugs
SC coil and LiveWires
Crower forged rods
Ported throttle body
Ported MAF (thanks H20boy)
Focus Central Off road pipe
FocusSport flex pipe
HKS hyper exhaust

over the winter I will be installing
FocusSport 4-1 header
BBK 65mm throttle body
Crower stage 2 cams
Walboro 255lph pump
FR 36 lb injectors
STR fuel rail

then maybe later on next year I want to get the Precision Turbo kit..

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Don't know if I "had" the most power in an auto zx3, but I sure could kill some 5-speed zx3's.

Had it dynoed back in may with Gude head pkg. -Aem cai- Fc race header/flex- custom exhaust- superchip- Fc t/b-

Got 141hp and 132lbs at the wheels!

I think I did it all wrong, when I get my "5-speed" pzev zx3 in spring, that will change

peace,
john-

·
Registered
193 Posts
Got 141hp and 132lbs at the wheels!
wow! nice number, john. did you drive it hard? notice anything that might have concerned you with the tranny's health?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts