Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cracked JBA and I guess the cheapest thing to do is go back to stock...
Based on my searches not many people have done much to fix up the stock manifold. Extrude honing is what, like over 3 hun? Porting polishing is even more? I guess its cheaper to get a replacement street header. Are there any inexpensive ways to improve the fugly stock mani?

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by focusyn:
I have a cracked JBA and I guess the cheapest thing to do is go back to stock...
Based on my searches not many people have done much to fix up the stock manifold. Extrude honing is what, like over 3 hun? Porting polishing is even more? I guess its cheaper to get a replacement street header. Are there any inexpensive ways to improve the fugly stock mani?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">JBA has a lifetime warranty.

My third generation JBA header cracked and I got it replaced under warranty. JBA sent me a new header and all I had to do was send the bad header back.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was at the local Cleveland Auto show this past weekend and rac across RallyRat and his rally focus. Since he wasn' able to change to an aftermarket exhaust header he ceramic coated it, I do believe and has a random tech hi-flow cat to complement. Sounds like a nice modification and its stock strong. Personally i can't justify buying a shorty header for more than $300. Has anyone else tried this or if RallyRat is reading...any pics, how much, and where or how did you do it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts