Ford Focus Forum banner

Going for it

565 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  blucarz 
#1 ·
I have been lurking around this site for quite a while and taking in lots of information. It's time to make the purchase of my 2003 SVTF EAP in Comp Orange.

Details: 2003, 23000 miles, EAP, Comp Orange, one owner, dealer maintained, $10700.

What do you think?

#2 ·
Great Price, mine 03 Comp Orange SVT was 22,800 new.

#6 ·
It's listed for 10,700 but I figure offering in the 8250-8750 range and negotiate up to 9000.

Its right on track with Kelly Blue Book so i figure its aretty good deal. More importantly it is the SVT EAP, the color I wanted, a little higher milage than I hoped, but the price is right.

If all goes well, then she will arrive off the truck sometime in the next 2 weeks. Not sure if I want to drive all the way from coast to coast, but it could be a cool trip.

#8 ·
Buy it, then buy me one while your at it
right now svt's are depreciating similar to regular foci. However, within a year or so, they're values will begin to rise (or maintain) as the demand for them inceases and supplies lessen. I've seen an 18k mile comp orange on ebay with a buy-it-now price of 19.5k. So, buy 'em now, buy 'em cheap and our little secret should be a good little investment (for a car that is)

#9 ·
It's listed for 10,700 but I figure offering in the 8250-8750 range and negotiate up to 9000.

Its right on track with Kelly Blue Book so i figure its aretty good deal. More importantly it is the SVT EAP, the color I wanted, a little higher milage than I hoped, but the price is right.
Sounds great and good luck.

Also welcome to the Jet!!!

#10 ·
right now svt's are depreciating similar to regular foci. However, within a year or so, they're values will begin to rise (or maintain) as the demand for them inceases and supplies lessen... a good little investment (for a car that is)
That is what I was thinking too. Once the enthusiast market realize that we will neverget the RS, Cosworth or future SVTF the market for these cars will help hold the value. We may see a better Mitsu Evo or the Sentra SER back in the lineup and with the Cobalt SS and SRT-4 coming on strong I think there will definitely be a following for the SVTF in years to come.

Plus, this is the car I want at the price I am willing to spend!

#11 ·
A little higher mileage than you had hoped for? I bought my 2003 with 23,000 miles a year ago. I would consider the one you're looking at to be "low mileage."

Sweet color, sweet package. YOU CAN DO EET!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.