Ford Focus Forum banner

Going on a road trip

715 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  emulous 
#1 ·
My gf and I are headed down to Florida and back in a few weeks. Besides an oil change, are there any other maintenence issues I should take care of before I go? I anticipate a little under 12k miles on my SVT before I take the trip. Thanks

#2 ·
When my wife and I go traveling I bring my cell phone,my notebook with map software on it,a tool set,a quality tire iron,and a good attitude.Also make sure you check the tire pressure on the spare tire.It would not be fun to have a flat and you spare is flat.Have fun

#3 ·
inspect your belts and hoses. and I always travel with a jug of the premixed coolant as well as 1 qt of oil and some duct tape. in addition to what frank mentioned of course.

#5 ·
If you're going to Florida make sure your Air Conditioning works going full blast. Do heavy waxing on the front bumper and hood, those bugs will be coming at you mighty fast, that also means get the heavy duty winshield-washer fluid that get's bugs off. At 12K miles you shouldn't have any major issues, and it being a Ford there is usually a dealer close by, you might want to search for an SVT specific dealer along your route just in case the standard Ford dealer can't do anything for you.

Don't forget your credit card, sun screen, and most of all have fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.