Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and two of my room mates will be road tripping it from Waco, Texas to see Williams bitch slap ferrari all over the track. who else is gonna be there?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I'll be there friday saturday and sunday. General admission all the way!!!. The only way to watch a road race. Anyone want to meet up or need advice on ways around the track?

Jason

·
Registered
450 Posts
The best show in Indianapolis is to go slightly west to Indianapolis Raceway Park (IRP) located in Clermont on Saturday (27th) evening. The USAC midgets will compete in Twin 25 lap features (24 cars) where the field is inverted for the second race. If a driver is able to win both events, they will earn $50,000.dollars. Last year's winner, Dave Steele, was able to accomplish the feat!

For those not knowing about midget cars, they are open-wheel, front-engined, rear-drive cars weighing 900 pounds and producing 350+ h.p. with four cylinder inline engines. Top speeds on the IRP oval track track exceed 130 mph. Go to www.usacracing.com for race details.

Last year, I attended the Grand Prix and the Twin-25 Midget show. The Midget race was the better race by far.

Just my humble opinion. Have Fun!!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
saturday night there is also USAC racing at Anderson and terre haute. Anderson is a 1/4 mile bowl with high banking in the turns. terra haute is a 1/2 mile dirt track with flat turns and great racing. Both will be great. wish I could go to Eldora this weekend for the million dollar sprint car race.

Jason

·
Registered
374 Posts
not only will williams demolish ferrari's championship hopes
but look for toyota to do well also

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anything cool to do, party wise on saturday nights there? 21 and up type activities

·
Registered
258 Posts
...Williams bitch slap ferrari all over the track...
you got that right!

I've been considering driving all thursday night to make it to the first practice and qualifying sessions, but more than likely, I'll be there for the saturday qualifying session. I'm also attending a jpm's fan party saturday night.

the only bad thing is that I'll have to get a hotel in columbus...I guess I'll go shopping at the outlet stores down there.

where is there a good place to park the car?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I may be going, I'll be in Cincinnati for a job I am doing there and driving back and forth. Most likely on Sunday only but if some people pick a place to go Sat afterwards I'd be up for that.

Yeah I want to see Montoya punt MS off the track at Turn 1, then he'll have enuf points to put MS away at Suzuka!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm also attending a jpm's fan party saturday night.

the only bad thing is that I'll have to get a hotel in columbus...I guess I'll go shopping at the outlet stores down there.

Where's the JPM party? Sounds like a good place to hook up Saturday

I am thinking about using IndyGo - IndyGo Web Site - they can pick you up Sat or Sunday at the RCA Dome and get you back, no parking hassles in Speedway area that way. Sunday they also pick up at the Zoo, free parking there I believe. Sat it's only $5 one-way and Sunday is $15 round-trip.

·
Registered
129 Posts
By some miraculous twist of fate I have received a pair pit passes for the Thursday "pit walk"!

Oh yeah, I get to go to the race on Sunday too.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I usually just park in a surrounding neighborhood. It is free, and you can usually get out pretty quick.

The only problem with the Indy GO bus is leaving. It's not bad going in, but with everyone leaving at once, it becomes a hassle.

·
Registered
258 Posts
By some miraculous twist of fate I have received a pair pit passes for the Thursday "pit walk"!

Oh yeah, I get to go to the race on Sunday too.
I got the tickets, but I can't make it thursday. anyone wants them?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts