Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i HAVE A QUESTION TRYING TO GET A CAI BUT TOO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM THERE IS VOLANT, AEM, ICE-MAN,FOCUSSPORT,STEEDA, AND OBX RACING ALL OF THEM RETAIL FOR OVER 220.00 YET THE OBX STARTS OFF AT 169.00 IS THIS A DEAL OR A RIP OFF ANY INFO IS APPRECIATED...

THANKS

·
Registered
625 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by icemanZX3:
good and cheap dont go together.<hr></blockquote>

What he said. The OBX is not a true CAI the only True CAI's that are being offered for the Focus are the INJEN, AEM, and the Iceman, the volant is more of a ram air than a CAI, and those 3 will cost in the $300 range.

·
Registered
395 Posts
as sad as i might be i have the obx and it fit fine to me it doese an ok job but i only got it for 70 bucks new so i guess it was money well spent i just changed the filter to k&n

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Is the new style Injen a true cold air? All I saw of it was a goofy lookin box. I have the old Injen CAI on my 01 ZX3 and wanted one for my 02.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Is the new style Injen a true cold air? All I saw of it was a goofy lookin box. I have the old Injen CAI on my 01 ZX3 and wanted one for my 02.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I like my ice-man; in black it looks like an O.E. part too, so it won't draw any unnecessary attention (when the car is at the dealer for work). The throttle response is definately better than stock and it had a nice sound to it as well. Got it for $209 plus s&h.

·
O .
2,372 Posts
fc intake looks nice and may be replacing my aem soon

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
The volant intake is the best intake on the market (maybe pipercross venom...haven't been a lot on here). Save up your pennies...you will not be dissapointed. I love it. Sounds great, performs great, stays clean longer, and it just looks sweet. NUF-SED

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I like my ice-man; in black it looks like an O.E. part too, so it won't draw any unnecessary attention (when the car is at the dealer for work). The throttle response is definately better than stock and it had a nice sound to it as well. Got it for $209 plus s&h.
isnt the iceman kinda like the svt snorkel and a itg filter?
im not sure thats why I asked

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
BOMZ on Ebay, less than $50 shipped. Replace filter and support lower bracket and you're good to go!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts