·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my current exhaust setup is as follows

FC race header
FC flex pipe
Borla cat back

First off, it's too damn loud. Is there a quieter exhaust that will not only sound better but also give me better gains? Should I go up to 3" pipe since I'm running FI?

thanks

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
dan-d is running a JRSC with a kamikazee 4-1 race header instead of his old 4-2-1 FC. Heres what he said:

Well I replaced my FC 4-2-1 with a 4-1 Kamikaze tonight and with the SC it really does make a difference. First off I didn't lose anything at all in low end torque, as a matter of fact it really helped in throttle response. The car seems a lot peppier now. It used to be a bit sluggish at WOT off the line until it hit 35 - 4k, then it would come alive. Now it comes alive almost instantly. My A/F guage used to indicate somewat of a leaner mixture, but now it appears to balance out a bit better and indicates a richer mixture. I'm not sure why that is, but it may be due to the fact that the 02 sensors are reading the entire exhaust output since all of the exhaust is routed through a common collector where both 02 sensors are mounted, unlike some headers I've installed, which have the sensors mounted in a way that only allow's them to read from a limited number of cylinders. I don't know ... just a guess. Oh yeah, it also appears that I lost about 1/2 lb boost, I was hitting somwhere between 6 1/2 - 7 and now it hits right at 6, but yet it feels as if it's making more power .... Hmmmmmm
I know this is just header talk, not cat-back, but thought it couldn't hurt to tell you.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
First of all, Semper Fi Mack
( I did 9 years in the Corps).

From what I know, pretty much anything with a race header will be loud. Focus Sport has a quiet exhaust, but I'm not sure if it will give you any gains above the Borla that you now have.
A good custom setup might really be what you need. But a 3" setup is not neeed for the power output that you have.
Look at it this way, if you want to make power, it's gonna be loud. But if it's too loud for you, then I would sugguest the FS quiet. Good luck either way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts