Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my car is still in the shop but it's for a good reason this time. They finally realized that there is a wide spread issue with the hoses blowing up, so they made a NEW hose and 37 of them went out yesterday!!! I will be getting one of those. After those are gone they will be on back order until the 15th of this month or next month (sorry I forget which month).

·
Banned
1,599 Posts
Wow man thats crazy. I am here at work after JUST picking up my car for the same issue. I had my high pressure hose replaced, it was at the dealer for about a week. I just hope I have one of the "newer" hoses man.

Good lookin, Hunter!

·
Registered
993 Posts
my car just got dropped off yesterday....but knowing my dealership, whether I get the new part or not, I won't get my car back until the 15th anyway

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Wow, I didnt realize this was a widespread problem. My car is at the dealership now (has been since last Wednesday). My high pressure hose "was melted" when a tech at my lube center pushed it up into the exhaust or engine??? Anyway thats what the dealership said after I told them that it had been to the lube center the day the hose blew.
NAYBE, once again my delaership is just trying to pull a fast one...

Oh well, they called to tell me that the hose had come in, and that the over the counter cost was $150. And it would take two hours to install. It should be done by the end of the day.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I had spoken to SVT, the guy said he hadn't heard of any new parts, but that they did have a quality assurance problem which they corrected by changing the way the part was installed. go figure.

they said if i knew anyone with the same person to have them call SVT

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well he didn't look hard enough. They got the new one on for me and everything is all good now. I know they didn't lie to me cause my best friend was the one who did it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts