Ford Focus Forum banner

good replacement for the SVTF

788 views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  blucarz 
#1 ·
hey, recently ive thought about saying good bye to my svt, just wonderin in yals opinion what is a good replacement that is under 15k?

#2 ·
Depends on what you want the car for.

Check out the latest issue of Sport Compact Car - they've got a list of good cars for under $10k. I personally kinda like the late '90 Subaru 2.5RS 2-door. Or an SVT Contour.

#6 ·
Either that or an exceptional XR4ti.
With the bi-plane rear spoiler? It definitely qualifies as being one of the SVTF's spiritual predecessors: euro-Ford, misunderstood by the US market, technically sophisticated 4-banger that didn't put out gobs of power... what's not to love?

#8 ·
I had an 88 turbo t-bird... Bast**d step-child of the XR4ti - every 5.0 Mustang goodie with 4wheel discs. Lots of fun, tempermental, expensive one-off advanced parts that no one stocked. 18 psi of boost was a total blast! Millions of parts cars to choose from in the junkyards. A real good mutt to bring home to the wife.

#11 ·
15k? lets see.......

you could find an 02 WRX for 15k or less...I was looking at a few of them before i got the SVT.
98-01 Audi A4 1.8t
mid 90's SVT Cobra for sure
NEwest SVT Contour you can find
Really really really good condition Corrado SLC or Porsche 944 Turbo. For 15k you could get yourself pretty much the nicest 944 Turbo around...
01 Integra GSR or an 02 RSX Type-S
Sentra SpecV
Civic SI.....im sure that would be a total let down...but it is a possiblity

#16 ·
u could get a golf gti with a 1.8t just add a chip for 500.00 and the car flys.

#18 ·
i just got rid of my svtf and opted for the new eclipse. the 4g looks great and rides good. the suspension needs some work but I am sure the aftermarket is on it;s way to making it better. Plus, in a few months the mark up will go down and you should be able to get a 6 cyl. for about 23,000

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.