Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
O .
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was cruising around the evo boards and i saw this
as a sticky

Evom has a policy to not allow street racing threads and videos. Any such post will be removed immediately and the poster given one warning. If it is illegal do not post. We have debated this many times and the moderators voted last year to implement this policy. If you don't agree, then post on the 100's of websites that condone it and wade through the 15 page thread's with 124 one line "nice kill dude....." posts.

Allowing street racing discussions and videos legitimizes an illegal activity that is dangerous and could cost us (owners) the right to modify our cars. Review the number of "cop stop me posts" here. Many of those stops are local townships overtly (some heavy handed) trying to stop street racing. Additionally, state legislatures are considering laws making it illegal to modify our cars other than shift knobs and floor mats.

Take your racing to the track please and post that LS1 kill in a timed event under safe conditions. Finally, if you don’t like the policy then spend a year here as positive contributor and all around good citizen. Then you might be considered for a moderator position and if accepted then lobby to change the policy. Thanks.
i think you all should put it up as a stick on a couple diff boards but thats just me and just a thought i'm soo happy to find an evo board that quite resembles the jet. now to get a evo so i have soemthin to talk about...

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
.....and yet I still see Evo's street racing constantly. I guess thier "no street race talk" policy has really impacted people's behavior.

These policies are more about protecting the webite owner's butt than serving the good of the public. In the end, I guess it doesn't really matter. FJ is a private site and we have to abide by the rules of the administrator.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
^^^^^^^

Actually, I think this statement is pretty powerful:
Allowing street racing discussions and videos legitimizes an illegal activity that is dangerous and could cost us (owners) the right to modify our cars. Review the number of "cop stop me posts" here. Many of those stops are local townships overtly (some heavy handed) trying to stop street racing. Additionally, state legislatures are considering laws making it illegal to modify our cars other than shift knobs and floor mats.

·
O .
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey maxxim look around you you'll see almost every kind of car on the street racing that does not mean that there are people who think that it is wrong you can say the same statement about this site, though the actions of street racing is not allowed to be discussed people still do it and they always will. so how bout you not stereotype a group of drivers due to some bad apples in the bunch

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Additionally, state legislatures are considering laws making it illegal to modify our cars other than shift knobs and floor mats.

hahahaha...yeah right.

If Dave Chappelle and his friend Chip can street race, then I can too.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Additionally, state legislatures are considering laws making it illegal to modify our cars other than shift knobs and floor mats.

hahahaha...yeah right.

If Dave Chappelle and his friend Chip can street race, then I can too.
I'm sorry officer... I didn't know I couldn't do that

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
hey maxxim look around you you'll see almost every kind of car on the street racing that does not mean that there are people who think that it is wrong you can say the same statement about this site, though the actions of street racing is not allowed to be discussed people still do it and they always will. so how bout you not stereotype a group of drivers due to some bad apples in the bunch
I was just stating that there is no correlation between discussing street racing and engaging in the activity. As you said, people who street race are going to continue to do so..regardless of rules on boards like this one. So, the rules are fairly meaningless with respect to improving public safety. The quote you posted seemed to ellude to the fact that people street race as a means to post about it online....which is obviously pretty silly.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I was just stating that there is no correlation between discussing street racing and engaging in the activity. As you said, people who street race are going to continue to do so..regardless of rules on boards like this one. So, the rules are fairly meaningless with respect to improving public safety. The quote you posted seemed to ellude to the fact that people street race as a means to post about it online....which is obviously pretty silly.
the people who street race allways will no matter what happens in the board but why encourage the ones that don't? specialy kids that just got their driver's licence and think they can drive!

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Take your racing to the track please and post that LS1 kill in a timed event under safe conditions.
I beat a '96 Cobra last night at the "track" and was within two tenths of beating him a second time.

J/K I was at Cecil County Dragway.

Although I did really beat a '96 Cobra.

Nate

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Yeah I know this sticky from over their. I refer all the newb Evo Owners that Talk about Street Racing to the Sticky

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
If you think the reason we don't allow street racing posts on Focaljet has to do with us thinking we're going to stop street racing around the world then you've got another thing coming.

Yes we don't condone in street racing and we wish it rather not happen. But the main reason most sites don't allow street racing posts is because of the mess that comes with those kind of posts. Also the type of traffic and members you get with those kinds of posts.

Like someone said above, a bunch of people screaming on the internet aren't going to stop street racers who might not even own computers. Thats why we at least try to tell all our members here that if you want to race do it at a track.

·
[dd] - Dentless Dave
8,742 Posts
I think it's a great policy to have. I hope all the SR's out there will someday realize the dangers. I hope they don't have to learn the hard way.

That's why I'm an avvid member of the jet and not any other forum. I hate SR ego's.

Thank you [FJ]!

dentless dave!!

·
[FJ] Fail Brigade
4,986 Posts
when they're post about streetracing you get the policemen on the streetracing tasks forces then you get added to the list of cars to look out for. and then they get pics of you racing and then there will be a pic of your plates shown up maybe just once then they will come by and do a free saftey inspection on your car the next time your at the races.

i admit i've raced some people but it's really not worth it plus my car is too slow. it's fun for a couple of times but then you get a ride in a true fast car that has over 500hp.
i do have some "fun" in my car on the open road but it not done by racing some civic or integra that doesn't know the road or how heavy the traffic is ahead after you smoke them and start to slow down before they can do their flyby at 130 and smash into the car waiting at the red light

oh btw sbcars.net uses some of FJ's rules and regulations. dont worry they give credit. they borrowed some from another site as well.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I think refering people to the rules is enough. Street racing is tragic.

I wouldn't be here if there was street racing bs going on. Same if there were avitars (ala fanatics). This is by far the best car forum I've ever visited, and it is a direct result of the rules and the mods who enforce them.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
State Legislatrues could try, but jeez honestly think about jetfest alone.

You had so many foci there try to think in ur head how much each owner has spent in mods.

Thats $$$$ thats buisness its a buisness that would hard to just tell people to stop. Car modding is big money bad for economy to try and stop it.

·
[FJ] Fail Brigade
4,986 Posts
I think refering people to the rules is enough. Street racing is tragic.

I wouldn't be here if there was street racing bs going on. Same if there were avitars (ala fanatics). This is by far the best car forum I've ever visited, and it is a direct result of the rules and the mods who enforce them.
lke the rules except for the dumb custom titles that are given out

1 - 17 of 17 Posts