Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
either that or he jsut wanted us mustang boys to shutup about what a real harmonic dampner is.

·
I can do no WRONG
1,356 Posts
Good to know you don't know the difference between Dampen(to make slightly wet), and Damp(to check vibration or oscillation).

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
wait...I could've SWORN that thing on the end of my v8 crankshaft sprayed water?!?!?

good catch whiteboy

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
dude chaos, I was making fun of myself...cheaper was making fun of the way I spelled damper...take a look at it.

I don't mean to disrespect you man, cuz you def know your [censored]. Whether the pulley on the focus is a harmonic damper or not, what you said about harmonic dampers holds true. look back over the harmonic damper posts, I had your back on the fact that the proper harmonic damper is essential to a healthy engine.

I've gone to bat for you before and'll do it again if i happen to agree w/ you (which i usually do) so no hard feelings eh?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I thought ya'll learned, UDP are not needed because the zetec is internally balanced...SHEESHHHH

·
I can do no WRONG
1,356 Posts
AzureCircleApe, I was actually trying to poke fun at Chaos for using the terms incorrectly all thru his "Look at me, I'm so smart" posts. You are just collateral damage.

I may be a whiteboy, but I am also a Mexi-Kin. A lot of my kin are hispanic....

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
someone is going to wake the dragon.

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
TC: You need to quit flame-baiting. First with a crosspost between two forums (against the rules), spreading mis-information, and now posting a follow-up thread on a locked posts, which was made to incite flames (good job, 2 rules broken with one post!)

Whether you or I like UDP's or not, a crank pulley on a Zetec plays one role only, and thats to turn the accessories. Why don't you crawl back under that 306 where you came from, and maybe do some homework before you come around with your un-educated guesses, theories, and fear mongering about engines that you so obviously know very little about.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Anybody that makes up the term "Sleeptec" and "Durasleep" probably shouldn't be making informative posts.

Never trust an "expert".

Vote #1.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
DAAAAAAYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM AXON

[censored] his ass up, kinda reminds me of the time you banned me *tear*

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
you only banned once Smoe?

jeez. you get away with a lot

vote #2

·
Registered
518 Posts
BTW Axon i was the guy that kept telling everyone they were over camming the exhaust side of their heads. Remember the huge debates we had about this then someone tried using the 228 cam or the 220 exhaust cam and they gained midrange without any loss in high end. Iv been on this board a hell fo along time. And i know what im talking about.
and the sleeptec term was coined by that other guy that kept irritating me. Read the post again.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
So, are we DEFINITE that there are no Damping qualities to the factory Pulley?
I haven't seen my stock one for quite awhile.
I've forgotten where I put it, so I can't inspect it.

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
there's a little ring of rubber on the stock pulley. it's about 1/8" thick, separating the inner part of the pulley from the outer. It has nothing to do with balancing, and probably allows for a 0.5 degree "give", if that, probably to keep the accessories from seeing every little pulse of the engine. That would qualify as "damping" in my book, but TC up there seems to think that a udp will throw off the whole balance of the engine. The little rubber ring has absolutely nothing to do with harmonics, but it probably does help negligably reduce NVH to the accessories.

On engines equipped with a harmonic balancer, a UDP without proper balance adjustments can slow you down and cause excessive wear. This much is true. However, these things do NOT apply to the zetec.

With that, I'm closing this down with a final note to TC:

knock it off or I'll put you in the cage with the ban hamster.

*BTW: Can anyone find the ban-hamster image? PM Me. Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.