Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ordered from tirerack, put roger in the optional box thing. got a call about my 'custom' fitment. ohhhh 205/55/16's all the jetters awww in wonder lol real custom. no but seriously it was comforting to me they put my order on hold till they could confirm it was not a mistake or mixup, someday it might stop me from buying 245/55/16....lol

the next day i had my rotors, pads, and four tires. and just UPS! wow, it was like overnight, never happened to me before.

also, i switched from pirelli p6 four seasons, to kuhmo ecsta asx's. cheaper, longer treadwear rating and also better traction. i could squeal those pirellis like it was no tomorrow, i thought it was neat.
but then i put these on and i cant squeal them in turns, it just sticks.
it also kinda sounds like they are sticking to the road when i am driving, or hard in a turn.

hawk hps+ good stuff, not as much bite as my ebc greenstuff pads.....but uh, those pads when i took them off had a nice CRACK right through BOTH shoes almost if someone created a canal, moat, valley, if you will. made me angry...and i dont slam on the brakes, i just like solid pedal. but hey, they were real old.

so once again thanks to rog at tirerack-- its good that a company will really treat the customer good, i mean feedback for an order, shipping it fast, shipping it with good packaging. this isnt the first time i ordered from tirerack, but i figured it was about time to say i am very pleased with them and also some other sponsors of the jet....(cough cough cough hack focussport cough cough). some real good guys that i am happy to be dealing with when it comes to my car, other peoples safety, and my own. comfortable knowing a high quality product, with great fitment, and fully tested on the road/track is what i am buying. buying peace of mind.

good job guys, i am gonna stop ranting. i just wish some local places would do the same or not even local, that stores would value their customer... (im not forgetting mcnews, real good guys there too!--->thats local for me...kinda)

now off to learn how to drive with my new anti-roll bar...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
more selection, cheaper, and its taller so it fills in the tire fender gap.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would the smaller tire wall give me better traction? do they make 205/10/16's? lol, what would be the smallest tire wall recomended on going with? doesnt that also make them easier to pop? thats another reason, i have blown two tires now with my focus, since i went to 55 series i havent blown any. i guess my acceleration went down cause of the taller tire, eh....worms, wriggling out of the can. this is just me thinking lol...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts