Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah so, I get a check for 4 grand in oct. wife says it's all mine to play with (muahhhahahahahahaha). starting to seriously look around for parts and such. How would you spend it?

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
My answer is totally different.

Suspension
Light wheels + Sticky tires
Brakes
Driver interface details
Quaife + 4.06 gears

...whatever is left for horsepower mods.

·
My manicurist says I have low self esteem...
3,014 Posts
Wow $4k should get you well on your way with your focus. I say do the two things that will most change the appearence of it which is some 17" wheels with good tires ($700-$1000) and a drop (around $600 for a good kit give or take). So that leaves you with $2500. Then I would get some headlights (Hella projectors, SVTs, or St170s....your choice for $120-$500). With the $2000 you have left you could do a few engine mods like an intake ($100-$350), pulleys ($70-$100), header ($200-$350) and a cat-back exhaust ($200-$700) and still have money left over. That should give you a good balence of looks along with some good performance gains. It really depends on what you like and what you want to do with your car. I like more show/appearence then engine mods, but that is just me. Any way you go with $4k you will have a great start. Good luck and keep us posted on what ya do!

Mark

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
if i was gona keep the zetec i would look into turbo
if i was gona do what i wana do
i would do that and i would talk to jerry kugel

·
Registered
990 Posts
FI,
of all the things i've done to my car it was the most pleasing and rewarding. Being that you have a large lump sum spend it on something you might not be able to afford in the future (turbo or supercharger).

I've done about all of the bolt on and appearance stuff I can do to my car, and if Icould do it again and I had that kind of money when i started i would have taken care of my power issues first. You can spend a couple hundres dollars here and there on almost every aspect of the car except the big power adders. Get a turbo, trust me, it'll put a smile on your face every time you drive.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
H&R Coilovers - $1200
FocusSport Head Package - $2000
Cool-Flo - $180*
UDP - $104*
Stainless Catback - $240*
Race Header & Flex - $380*

Total = $4104.00 + Shipping.

Man thats a sweet setup right there... and prolly very little headache down the road, compared to some FI application.

*All prices reflect FocusSport's current 20% off w/purchase of head package deal!

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Re: got 4K.. looking to start mods, any suggestion

^^^^^ What he said.
Suspenders first, engine second. The most I'd do to the engine, would be cat-back and intake without a serious suspenders upgrade first.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

that sounds like a good idea, but I am not sure if I want to go with race headers, being as they are illegal for street use, ( it will be a daily driver ) however I do like where this is going. I would need to stay close to 4g's though. any more input?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

4 g's donate some to me The Kennan Jackson fund.

its hook a friend up month lol

·
Registered
857 Posts

<font color="blue"> Hey Jason what did you decide to spend the money on to mod the lil car? Oh and check your pm. </font>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts