Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Illage Vidiot
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my community college classes today a friend and I went to eat at the local Burger King. In the parking lot there was a Lotus Esprit 8 with Kansas liscense plates. Well while we where eating an older gentleman came up and asked which one of us was driving the Ford Focus out there. Of course thinking that he was going to say something bad about it(since most older people do) I hesitated to answer him, but then my friend told me that it was mine. Well he told me that my car was very nice looking, and without skipping a beat he asked how it was to drive. Well i told him that it was not fast but very fun to drive. He said it looked like it was. Well while i walked out i noticed that the lotus was still there and he was the only one left. Then i asked him if that was his and told him that he was a very lucky man, to have a car like he did.

Well the moral of this story is that it seems everywhere else but here in Saint Louis, Missouri do the focus get respect...

While i was in Cities like Chicago, Kansas City, and Dallas i was also complimented alot

All i have is an EVO body kit and 18" motegi MR7's

I was just surprised that he complimented me, but i guess he did it because we was not from around here

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
It is always nice to get compliments

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Very nice compliment indeed. Growing up the 4cyl turbo Lotus Esprit was always one of my dream cars. Everytime I drive the EVO, it's exactly what I imagined the Esprit to be like. One of these days I'll get to drive one and find out for sure.

·
Illage Vidiot
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was actually a 1997 Lotus esprit V8

Just like this one but silver in color

1 - 5 of 5 Posts