Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car back yesterday and am definitely not putting off engine upgrades any longer. Here's what I bought...

FC 65mm Throttle Body
FC 3pc. UDP Set
FC Cam Gears
Crower Stage II Cams
Crower Springs & Retainers

I'm going to get the head ported and polished when those are installed. I have a little money left. Anything you recommend? Btw, I have a Thermal catback and AEM CAI, but I think I'm selling the AEM. Thanks.

- Matt

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
race header to actually get something out of those cams....raceheader and stage 2 crower cams is the 2 biggest HP gains

·
Registered
591 Posts
yea a race headder will make those cams very happy!

but if you dont want the noise of the race header but still want power you could try a shorty header with a random tech high flow cat
good power with minimal bzz'ing

[ 10-30-2002, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: artin ]

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
yessss!! You got the springs and retainers!! very nice there! Something we should all do when we put our stage II's in..in time I will do it... Also your next mod MUST be the Race Header and then Flex Pipe!!! you will not really feel any of your mods..well ok you will..but not truly untill after you get that race header in there!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Do some dyno tune?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool. I think I'm going to go with a FocusSport shorty header and a Random Tech cat. I wanna stay legal just in case. No need for any fines or what have you. I'm thinking that with the 2 of those plus a high flow Flexpipe, I can pull at least 1/2 the HP that a race header would give me, right? Thanks.

- Matt

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also, the other idea I had was throwing on a race header and stuffing the FC cat that says "is small enough to fit in the stock flexpipe location when race header is used". What do you think about that?

- Matt

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
nah, waste, just go w/ur orig plan of shorty/cat if u fear legality and desire 2 keep noise down... u'll have no chance at legality w/that setup cat or no-cat, i u have a high flo cat on especially if u keep the everythin else lookin stock ur good, granted i heard bosal's cat will b 50state...yet still u cant remove it in the states til i believe a certain mileage (dont remember # or years needed) unless its ...damaged...

-Ult

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. Is Bosal's cat out yet? I've read the few posts on it, but haven't seen it on any of the sites (to purchase) yet. If it's 50-state legal, I'd be very interested. Also, FocusSport flexpipe says it's designed to be used with a race header. I can still use it with a shorty and high flow cat, right? Thanks.

- Matt

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
yes on the flex, look at sig (1 of the few things i have left)

[ 10-31-2002, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
489 Posts
hey man give the 3 pc. pulleys back..get a smaller cheaper pulley like the AFX....

Anyway I dont know ****, see you1 Other than that awesome stuff man!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts