Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok....for my spi, i wanna get the bdr tb & a mac short ram intake & an exhaust. now that tb is pretty pricy & i want my intake & exhaust now darn it!!!!
so i was wondering if its any good to put a plumbing reducer on the intake so it fits the stock tb for a little while,(iceman has got a reducer for the spi) just so i an save up again for the tb. and ummmm......what size reducer do i get???? thanks guys...any responses would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I measured my spare tb and od. is 2 3/8in. I'm wondering though. The stock plastic tubing is reduced as it turns down toward the tb. But at the straight part of it, looks pretty big like you could cut it: and put the Mac intake on. Stock plastic intake od. is 3in. Overall length would be a tad long but a hacksaw to the aluminum Mac might do it. I have the Mac and BDR tb and the sound of it at wot is awesome!

G

·
0 Posts
ok....for my spi, i wanna get the bdr tb & a mac short ram intake & an exhaust. now that tb is pretty pricy & i want my intake & exhaust now darn it!!!!
so i was wondering if its any good to put a plumbing reducer on the intake so it fits the stock tb for a little while,(iceman has got a reducer for the spi) just so i an save up again for the tb. and ummmm......what size reducer do i get???? thanks guys...any responses would be appreciated
you can buy from home depot some heavy rubber cuppling. probably a 2 inches I.D. will strech over the stock tb and the outside diameter will be pretty close to the size of the interior diam. of your intake ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts