Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my race header on today. got my father to help with the fubar cat. all it took was him pushing and me pulling on it to get it out. the hardest thing there was, was putting the egr valve back on which we did by taking the first nut off and putting it in the header and putting the second one on with a pipe wrench. also it was hard gettin to some of the bolts to torque them.

question. on the exhsaust end the header dont meet up with the bracket that holds the flex pipe on so we had to by pass that. did anyone else come up with the same prob. i post some pics on my page when i get em developed. thanks for everyones help.

·
Registered
217 Posts
the bracket thats on the bottom of the engine you have to flip it around i belive if i am remembering right...i just put my FC race header on about 3 or 4 weeks ago and it was one hell of a tight fit but anyhoo thats what needs to be done to that bracket and i recommend you putting it on cause i have heard of these headers cracking due to not using that bracket and all the vibration and flexing of the engine.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have the FS Race header and like boosted said, mount that second bracket on or the header will stress on you! It was a bitch to get on for me too but a little time and patience you can get her to fit. I suggest loosening ALL the bolts on that bracket, snugging the end of header then snugging the rest of the bolts on the bracket.

Good Luck!

Milan

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill take the bracket completey off, ill try and flip it around and try if that way.

[ 03-13-2003, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: the_enemy_within ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts