Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. If you didn't read my previous topic from about 2 weeks ago, I blew up my Zetec and had to take it to a shop to install my new motor.

I finally got the ZX3 back today and am even more in love. It turns out that the Zetec I had before was broken when I bought it, and overheated, causing it not to be the best performance wise. When I got in the car with the new engine... IT WAS AWESOME!!!
I finally got to see what a normal Zetec was like.

Also, when I was in the shop paying for the motor, they told me never to shift above 4,000rpm, which I snickered at. The mechanics told me that the engine was "Japanese Garbage" and that it's no surprise it broke. I promptly told them that Cosworth designed the engine with Ford, and no Rice-Crap was in the design. They just laughed and told me to get a truck out here to haul away my old motor.

Shows that not everyone, even mechanics, know what they're talking about. Maybe I could teach 'em a thing or two with info from FJ.

Time to drive...........

- Matt

·
Registered
207 Posts
Originally posted by focus_rs:
Hey. If you didn't read my previous topic from about 2 weeks ago, I blew up my Zetec and had to take it to a shop to install my new motor.

I finally got the ZX3 back today and am even more in love. It turns out that the Zetec I had before was broken when I bought it, and overheated, causing it not to be the best performance wise. When I got in the car with the new engine... IT WAS AWESOME!!!
I finally got to see what a normal Zetec was like.

Also, when I was in the shop paying for the motor, they told me never to shift above 4,000rpm, which I snickered at. The mechanics told me that the engine was "Japanese Garbage" and that it's no surprise it broke. I promptly told them that Cosworth designed the engine with Ford, and no Rice-Crap was in the design. They just laughed and told me to get a truck out here to haul away my old motor.

Shows that not everyone, even mechanics, know what they're talking about. Maybe I could teach 'em a thing or two with info from FJ.

Time to drive...........

- Matt
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Actually, I think they might have been referring to the break in period for the new motor. Don't take shifts over 3K and dont run full throttle for 500 miles or so, and it should break in nicely. I took the time to break mine in (boy it was hard to resist), and I average around 28-30MPG, where some get like 21-24MPG.

Josh

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Josh, this was a used motor with 11,000 miles on it, so it's pleny past 500. You prolly didn't know this, so I thank you for your comment. Peace.

- Matt

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Congrats on getting your Foci back!

Bet it feels great!

Originally posted by focus_rs:
I promptly told them that Cosworth designed the engine with Ford, and no Rice-Crap was in the design.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It's not an SVT Zetec is it? If it isn't than there is no Cossie engineering that went into the standard Zetec engine.

- Drew

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really? I know that I didn't make this up. HAHA
. I must have been told it before by someone else. Oh well, it's still not Rice-Crap.

- Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts