Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Boston last night and drove home, parked the car and went to bed. Got up this morning, walked out to where my car was and no car. (This was in Milwaukee, WI)

I called the tow lot - nothing.

Called the police, called insurnace.

They got my 1998 Civic EX, I,H,E wheels, short shifter, springs, tint, grille, Rota Slipstreams. I can't imagine they'll recover it in any good condition.

[ 04-07-2003, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: hatched ]

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Originally posted by Red-SE-00':
I have a .22 and 500 rounds and I think hunting season just opened on car thieves!!

That sux bro...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">A .22 caliber? You think a racoon stole the car?

I've got a Remington 12-guage shotgun, let me find your car.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Originally posted by The ArchAngel:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Red-SE-00':
I have a .22 and 500 rounds and I think hunting season just opened on car thieves!!

That sux bro...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">A .22 caliber? You think a racoon stole the car?

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Mike come over to my house and will slap some calvin pissing stickers and chevy sux stickers on my truck and roll over to my girls dads house...then well get all his guns...then we'll go hunting!!!

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by AnythingButAFocus:
If it's dead, what will the replacement be? Something temporary till the xB comes out?

Andrew
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Good question. I just said that I wish I had the money and the xB was out because I'd have no trouble thinking about what to buy next (if necessary).

My list includes:
1998+ Subaru Impreza Wagon
1998+ Mazda Protege
Possibly, a 1994+ Eagle Summit wagon (but that's doubtful)
1997+ RA4 (2 door)
1997+ 240SX (except, I think this would be a target for theft)

However, these are off the top of my head except the Subaru. I really don't want a car that is going to be easy to steal (or that anyone would want).

Any suggestions would be great. I'm not going to get another Focus.

Here are my requirements:
5-speed
FWD or AWD (except 240SX)
Halfway decent gas milage
Low-maintainance/reliable

I'll probably have around $8500 dollars to work with.

[ 04-07-2003, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: hatched ]

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by jwardell:
That sucks man. Shoulda looked me up while you were out here! I hope they find at least what happenned to it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I would've but, I was in on Friday out on Sunday - it was a family thing.

Extra grille material? Just use it on your gutters!

I'm seriously looking for Subaru something (assuming they don't find my car in decent condition).

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I would say either a...
Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS ( mmm w/turbo = faster then WRX for less money
)
Audi A4 ( Very clean ride w/ many options )
VW Golf (TeH Euro)

or as you were thinking before take a ride up to Canada and pick up an Echo hatch those things are sweet

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I'll probably have around $8500 dollars to work with.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS ( mmm w/turbo = faster then WRX for less money )
Audi A4 ( Very clean ride w/ many options )
VW Golf (TeH Euro)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Wow, where do YOU shop?? Hook me up!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Originally posted by The ArchAngel:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Red-SE-00':

That sux bro...

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">May not be too powerful but 500 rounds should get the job done dont ya think!!??

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Lemme know if I can help; check out our pre-owned link on the Hiller website see if anything you like.

Good luck with the insurance...

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Nobody:
What will probably happen, is you will find the car without rims, everything else on it will probably be fine. Lucky you weren't turbo, otherwise there went your turbo/intercooler.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, that's possible. However, I'd almost rather have the opposite happen. The car will probably have to be repainted (i'm sure they don't care about scratching the paint), new intake, header, exhaust springs, wheels and so on. Just because it's a Civic, I wouldn't doubt that they'd strip it just for parts.

However, only time will tell. I've got to call my insurance and ask them how long until they just give up on finding it and pay out.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts