Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I spent all weekend installing a 2000 intake manifold, TB and MAFS. The MAFS was bad, so I yanked it out, but since we already bored my Volant, had to put the stock air intake and MAFS on. Car runs fine now, but I got a CEL yesterday driving home from work.

It hadn't come on initally after the install, but then I had a slight throttle stickage, so I adjusted the idle then drove it to work, no prob. Coming home all of a sudden, I have the little yellow light. I tried to get AutoZone to pull the code for me, but they said they won't do it anymore.

Any ideas as to what it might be?

**Also! Since the install, the dome light won't turn on when the driver's side door is open. It works fine when the passenger's side is open...any help there?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
y r u fiddlin w/ur idle, the ecu controls that, its not like older cars where the idle is set via the screw. put it back 2 factory (if u put ur stock tb back on, fc u have 2 fine a decent spot not 2 low, but then let the ecu control it back down 2 level, ur cel is prolly from the idle droppin 2 low). idk what that autozone guy told u, they still do that, its a big campaign in there ad campaign that still runs 2 this day (even heard their commercials 4 it 2day)

-Ult

[ 11-14-2002, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How should the idle be set? (I wasn't aware the ECU regulates the idle at the time I first messed with the screw). I plan on backing the screw out, then tightening till it touches the plate. How much further should I go?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts