Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's coming out pretty decent for my first time trying something like this. Just wish my welds were better!
P.S. I thank god that someone invented a 3" tight radius exhaust donut, it made the whole thing possible!

3" downpipe so far..

Turbo to intercooler pipe...

intercooler to tb pipe..

Tentative side exhaust placement..

As you can tell everything is in the rough stages. Still have to weld on the bov and wastegate flanges and also the plate for the blow-thru maf between the tb and intercooler. Then hook all the motor wiring back up and do the oil return and feeds and intercooler pump and heat exchanger lines. So close, yet so far away!

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts

Grind those welds down and they will look awesome!!

But...thats what my welding would look like too! haha..not enough practice lately. But welding = fun

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on grinding them down a little bit, problem is I used stainless pipe on some stuff and used stainless wire on everything since it was in the machine already. I found out the hard way that stainless is tough ISH!! It takes forever to grind! So, now I need to pray the welding place has some killer angle grinding wheels because the home depot norton ones aren't cutting it.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
friends dont let friends use rectangle exhuast tips.

Put down the tips, and step away from the car!

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
friends dont let friends use rectangle exhuast tips.

Put down the tips, and step away from the car!
Bah! They are stainless, relatively inexpensive and the best thing I could find for ground clearance. Shut your hole!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Nice Gig!!!!!
. One thing to consider..plugwire heat shield. With the turbo up top, I notice the wires get'n uber hot
. I have the FS wires and they turn maroon-color when you drive it. After the engine cools, they turn back to the original red. I'm drawing one up as I type.

·
Double-Wide Pride!!!
881 Posts
I was thinking about your setup Gig, and Muttlees setup too. I know that you both have some kind of heatshield for the hood, or made some kind of provision.
But what about the sparkplug wires? after this is all set up, how are tthe wires gonna hold up to being under all of that heat? Can you wrap some kind of heat resistant something around the wires? Oops, How stupid am I?????

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll get a pick of the hood i'm working on later but it doesn't need any heat sheilding on the hood. THere is going to be a huge opening in the hood right here the turbo is so all the heat is going to get sucked out.

I agree on the wires though. I def was going to sleeve them in something and make a sheild eventually.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you guys are funny..

ELOVER...I have magnecores, stop trying to pimp me the damn livewires!

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I was going to suggest the same thing...livewires=t3h hotness. Looks like is coming along nicely. I could live with the rec. side pipes, just glad yoiu didn't go with round tube side exit exhaust. Yeas i have seen it and all i can say is wtf???? Looking good gig, keep the the pics coming.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks blkse!

I will def update when I get some more progress going, not this weekend unfortunately as I'm going away.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
dump the rectangle tips for a kenworth exhaust stack.

·
Registered
165 Posts
May sound like a dumb question but where do you guys get your piping from. Do u order it online or from a local exhaust shop. I went by an exhaust place here in san antonio and they tried to sell me piping but it has that streched bend. Not mandrel.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
you can order tubing from JC whitney.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts