Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna make my own grounding system but not totally sure how I'm gonna do it yet. On the nology wires, where do the grounds connect to on both ends?To the valve cover?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey man!! I have my Nology wires gounded to the Valve cover but when I do get a Grounding unit I will ground them to that!!If your succesful with making a central Grounding unit let me know!!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
central grounding would be connected to the battery, right?

·
Registered
398 Posts
no at the late i heard is a 8 guage wire going from the valve cover, alternator water pump and other things to a central bus point then one big 4 guage wire to the frame of the car. there ia a negative wire on the battery already to te frame.
i have replaced my vavle cover ground wire with a 8 guage red power wire from a car audio shop with gold conectors and black covers on each end cover where the wire is crimped in the gold connectors. will post a pic soon.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
I'm not so sure if I even mess with the valve cover. I'd to to the block, heads, neg. batt. terminal and chassis frame.

I'm just taking a guess, but I'd really like to see proof that those fancy ground systems did anything at all.

If those four points were bonded well, you should have a great ground system. It would probably flow more current than the alt puts out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts