Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the diablosport chip for my 2001 auto focus, and for some reason the governor was not raised...someone told me that the gov. can't be raised on an auto focus, anyone know if this is true?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Like I said in team tech.
It can and should've been raised...
I would call them up (where you bought it from)and raise hell

Tell them you want it raised to 177mph, might take you a while to get there though

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I have heard before that the Diablo dosent raise the limiter. You should look into that.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
I have heard before that the Diablo dosent raise the limiter. You should look into that.
The myth is that the diablo eliminates the governor... the reality of it is that it should raise the governor to a speed that we'll NEVER reach... like 150 or above.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'll reach 150

But I see your point!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
the chip will take you as far as your mods......

they have to add up feel me?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
official word is that they are not successful in removing speed AND rev limiters 100% of the time. for some codes, they can only get one or the other.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
From talking to a fellow jetter by the name of Cajun. Some Diablo chips have been known to not remove the Govenor. What I would do is to call the place that you bought the chip from and see if one, they can reburn the chip so that it can remove the govenor or two send it back to them and get your money back. Then go for the Superchip. Even though you have an automatic focus, Superchip or even Diablo chip can remove the govenor. There have been posts about this issue. Some people have bought these chips hoping remove this pain in the butt govenor only to find out that it's still there. I don't know if all of the threads have been moved over to the new site when FJ was updated or not. But I would see if you can find anything posted by cajun. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I bought the diablosport chip for my 2001 auto focus, and for some reason the governor was not raised...someone told me that the gov. can't be raised on an auto focus, anyone know if this is true?
neraph0: Here I found a thread that was responded to by cajun. It also lists his work number. I have talked to him before and he is very knowledgeable about the Superchip and the Diablo chip. Give him a call and see what he says.

Cajun

·
Registered
859 Posts
My code is XAU0 and my governor was NOT REMOVED with the Diablo chip

It seems Diablo could not crack the ECU code used on 2000-2002 automatic foci to remove the speed governor
Anyone with more info on this please post! I would like my speed limiter gone.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys,
I really appreciate all the input, and I found someone down here willing to try to reprog the chip for $15, so wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Hey guys,
I really appreciate all the input, and I found someone down here willing to try to reprog the chip for $15, so wish me luck!
OH THE REAL? is that for superchip? or diablo?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Diablosport, he's gonna do it tommorrow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts