Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is info on this and there were a lot of posts a yr ago when I first joined, but does anyone have a solution to this? This is the only issue I am really having with the car that the dealer doesn't seem to know how to fix. Both door panels have been replaced and they apparently have removed most of the grease from the tracks. I am getting it in the middle of the window. It appears the driver side has been cured, but the passenger side still gets it.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Ive got the same problem. Its been to the dealer. The best they could do was to clean the ouside of the tracks off. Not that it helped, but at least they did something.

·
Registered
438 Posts
that's were I get mine. I use windex

I haven't been POed enough to take the door panel off to check it out. I deal with it with a weekly cleaning.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
odd you should bring that up jason. mine struggles to make it up. at 22.5K. when they are wet they slide up fine. make a squeaking (sp?) noise the whole time it is rising or lowering.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Mine are starting to squeak now at 23000 and there is no more grease to be left on the window, now all it does is sratch the tint on the inside and the window glass itself is actually scratched on the outside. Bummer
especially on a show car.

BTW this ECU computer sucks A$$

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL, sorry for your troubles...I just find it funny when thinking of the reaction my dealer had when I said this was a common problem. They say, oh is that what you read on the internet...LOL. Anyway, I can't believe how many miles some people put on in a yr. I think I might be the lowest. Hopefully I will see in the next couple of weeks if my last trip to the dealer worked or not for fixing this issue.

·
Registered
286 Posts
When dealing with windows, seals, and the like, I've found silicon spray to be very effective. Spray the seals, rubbers, etc.. liberally. Quiets them right down, and doesn't leave gunky residue. Just be careful not to get it on any painted areas. It's a painter's nightmare! Putting a can of silicon in a painters face is like taking a cross to Dracula!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
odd you should bring that up jason. mine struggles to make it up. at 22.5K. when they are wet they slide up fine. make a squeaking (sp?) noise the whole time it is rising or lowering.
Same here... Someone suggested Rain-X, but I may try the silicon spray before that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts