Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Why? They are enough, I'm sure. Now grounding more stuff doesn't hurt. Bigger is not always better.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
PM Tekin112
He did it a few weeks ago with 8 gauge. Ask him how it went.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
I have a nice kit i have put togather 6 grounding points and it uses 8ga. wire. PM me if you want details.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I just upgraded my factories from the 10 guage to 4 guage.

Tim

·
Registered
406 Posts
I did this on my Civic Si, I used 4AWG and 8AWG. It has been proven on the Si board to actually make a difference on throtle response AND your lights get brighter. Not sure if it actually makes more power though.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Greg ZTS2 upgraded my grounds for me this weekend, we did the one just to the left side of the motor, and the negative cable that attaches to the battery. We used 4ga wire, and My lights don't dim and the car feels like it responds a little better. I also installed a Red Top battery and a coil pack with livewires too, which may contribute but it feels a lot cleaner now....Peace

Lox

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I did the over kill thing. I had extra 2 gauge from the stereo stuff that I am installing. (Yes 2 gauge is over kill for 1 amp, but who knows what might happen) So I upgraded the 2 so far, and plan on doing adding a few more, but less gauge more like 8, 0r 10 gauge. I just figured this is one of those old school tricks, that some ppl forget about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts