Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okey, i hope my dyno says otherwise...cause these numbers suk.

With all my mods, it only reads out 116hp on the best run, thats also with a weight of 2850...i guestimated it, full tank of gas, me, my bodykit/wheels/junk in the trunk. Thats weak. But on the bright side, i was able to beat an integra LS up to about 100mph until i slowed down. He had I/E from what i heard. I had a passanger and me, and my system(before it was jacked), my 17s and stuff. And i beat him pretty easy. Those cars have 142hp and are a bit lighter. So that keeps my hopes up

·
Registered
99 Posts
Did you make sure it was "zero'ed out" correctly? When i used it in repeated test condition to veryify it was rigth on the money i thought.
i have fs cool flow,kent cams,aem pulley,fs plug wired,and at the time borla exhaust... and my info was 7.2 0-60mph,117hp,15.8 with 16inch wheels....
then we did the same test condition on a car with weapon r intake,fs exhaust,eibach springs, and stock 15inch wheels, and we had an i dont remember the 0-60 but the hp was 107 and a 16.o q.m. and we tested again and again with similair results..due to teh differnce in mods it seemed very very accurate.Maybe you have a defective unit or it wasnt setup correctly? who knows...hope this helps some

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and it consistently shows 16.9 in the 1/4 but at higher speeds like 86mph. Hmmm....im tossing it out. Its pissing me off, im sticking to dynos and 1/4 times, better yet, im sticking to who i can and cant beat, after all, thats what this is all about.

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
If it is putting out consistant results (not nessecary accurate), it still would be helpful for benchmarking future mods. Say it read 116, then you added option X, and now it reads 120, you know you gained 4. Saves money from dyno'ing the car every time just to find your gain.

But its no replacement for a dyno run for HP, and track for 1/4 mile times.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Naz I'm tellin ya, get on a track scale and weigh your car, make sure your gtech is nice and level in your car and you're results will be very accurate. Take the thing to the track, with your accurate weight in there, and do some runs, compare the timeslips to the gtech. A friend who was running his mustang at the strip down here did just this and the most the gtech was ever off was under .3 second

·
Registered
24 Posts
where's you get the GTech from?
they are very fragile things, any decent jolt will screw them up for good.
it's one for those things you leave in your garage of room untill you need it.
if you leave it in youre glove box when you're not using it, you might aswell kick it down the street.
GTechs are VERY accurate if you have the exact weight of the car with you in it and it's remained impact free. you can throw off the readings even if it's bounced of the dash from like 1« away.<CR>

·
Registered
128 Posts
Re: Gtech numkers....{ux

When I had }y focus!it was telling }e like 96hp yet!when I zan the 9/4 mile it was |ow 16's0and a cuple 15/9's. So I had to have more hp than 96. Y gave up trying to use it for hq readinos.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey you guys know the part of the g-tech that plugs into the cig lighter? Well it was always coming off(unscrewed). Well I lost it. Does anyone know how I can get it fixed. I want to g-tech my new car...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
"Hey mitch... didn't you get voted off the island for the 12'th time already????"

Ok, what I am trying to say is that G-tech numbers are going to be better then the numbers on the track! And I have given a reason why!

I am not saying that the g-tech is not a measure of performance, as it is, just that the 1/4 times from g-tech and track can not be compared without adjusting them!

So, please, don't be bashful... and don't try to bypass the filter, so we don't ban that username for you as well...

[This message has been edited by Blis (edited 09-07-2001).]

·
Registered
24 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blis:
"Hey mitch... didn't you get voted off the island for the 12'th time already????"

Ok, what I am trying to say is that G-tech numbers are going to be better then the numbers on the track! And I have given a reason why!

I am not saying that the g-tech is not a measure of performance, as it is, just that the 1/4 times from g-tech and track can not be compared without adjusting them!

So, please, don't be bashful... and don't try to bypass the filter, so we don't ban that username for you as well...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WTF are you talking about, i was agreeing with you, well somewhat. Gtechs aren't ALWAYS on the faster side, they can go both ways. they can even be bang on, although it's fairly rare as nobody takes good enough care of thier Gtechs.

I'm sorry, do i know you?
Cause honestly i don't remember ever talking to you before.
If i'm wrong, please refresh my memory.

Bypass what filter? the swear filter? give me a break, you're getting mad at me for posting "sh*tty", cute but there are others on this board that do the same. If it offends you, i'm sorry.
And what exactly do you mean by "don't be bashful"?

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
actually now that i got my car dynoed..look in my other post, i believe the gtech alot now. it always showed 116hp on a good run. thats almost exactly what i got at the dyno...unfortunatelly

·
Registered
433 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blis:

So you would have to add a .5-1 sec to each g-tech 1/4 run.... As that is average reaction time......
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, not this again!! The clocks do not start at the drag strip until the car moves. Reaction time has no affect whatsoever on the ET. Reaction times have everything to do with winning the race however. It is the old adage, "You snooze, you lose!"

I will agree with you that Gtechs are crap. They are only a tool for evaluating changes on a individual car. You cannot compare Gtech times with quarter mile times or even with other Gtech times on similar vehicles.

------------------
ZX3Racing
Best ET: 14.76 @ 91.6
Naturally Aspirated

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Ok, time to ask another question.
I am seriously considering the newer Gtech Pro-Competition. Has anyone sued this model yet?
Am I correct in my understanding that this newer unit has a tach and shift light also?
Thank you for any comments.... Im looking at driving up to Santa Monica tomorrow to get one unless I hear bad thigns from all of you!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
But on the bright side, i was able to beat an integra LS up to about 100mph until i slowed down. He had I/E from what i heard. I had a passanger and me, and my system(before it was jacked), my 17s and stuff. And i beat him pretty easy. Those cars have 142hp and are a bit lighter. So that keeps my hopes up
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">was this at the track naz, or from what i c it was another of ur 'manhood' contests out on the public roads.

-Ult

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Originally posted by Chris F:
You might want to look at the date of the original post before you step up on that soapbox.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">oh come on, it's Ult, he'll step up on any soapbox he can find.

Nate

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Does anyone have any info. on the new G-Techs, or did I just stir up another FJ thrashing session?????
Hello, anyone out there???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts