Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what the consensus is? I want to go FI but I don't want to deal with boost and stuff but I just wanted to see what others thought..

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
i dont know too much about the GUDE head package, but I know that you can make the same if not more power as the JRSC by using the FS head package or Tom's head package along w/ bolt-ons.

what do you mean by "not wanting to deal with boost"? you mean fuel issues? the JRSC comes w/ the "Black Box" which handles all of the fuel. no additional tuning is necessary

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what I mean by "dealing witht the boost" is that if I want to try to get the maximum performance out of it I don't want to spend 5k on the sc and all parts.. If that was the case then I would try toms starter kit and go custom from there.. ANy help is greatly appreciated.. I would really like to try the sc whether it be the jackson or wait until the vortech comes out..

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
well...

you could spend 5k easily for the JRSC and all the bolt-ons

JRSC $2700
Race Header $350-400 (dependant on brand)
flex pipe $150
exhaust $350
70mm MAF $180
Cam Gears $200-250 + dyno time to tune

or you could do the FS head package which has several options...

http://www.focussport.com/cylhead.htm

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are the nnumbers on the focussport head package pretty accurate or do they go up and down from theirs? I am now from what I have read over at focussport leaning towards their package and try to build the best na zetec possible.. thanx and more input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
the numbers should be consistant IF and only IF you dyno-tune the car after installing it...

all cars will be different based on starting power from the factory. put the same head package and same bolt-ons and dyno tune it and the cars should be almost identical

Combined with the complete line of FocusSport bolt-on engine upgrades this cylinder head package is capable of 154 front wheel horsepower* (177 crank hp**) and 137 ft. lbs. of torque* (approx. 158 crank torque**)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">keep in mind the above... that means these numbers were based on the head package used in conjunction with:

header, flex, exhaust, intake, and most likely chip... if not more... but that would put ya a couple grand cheaper than the JRSC & bolt-ons

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx alot for your help..
I believe that for the time being I will be running the cheaper na head package rather than fi.. I hope to have this project started soon

·
Registered
26 Posts
I prefer the JRSC. You can add the big boost kit, hopefully, and it's reliable, always there power. If you threw on a SC with a ported/polished head, you'll be flying. :evilgrin:

Also, I've read some bad things about Gude, but I can't be certain. I'll let someone with personal experience answer that one.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
cool man. I'm lookin forward to watching your progress.

The guys at focus sport are great... they will be very helpful through your project.

if you have any other more in-depth questions about their package, throw it up in the Focus Sport forum and someone from the shop will answer you fairly quick

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes! FocusSport is awesome! The staff there is great and will help you in any way they can. I plan on going back to them for all of my Focus upgrades, as long as they make that product.

·
Registered
412 Posts
i have the Gude head kit and with any head kit you know that there is going to be tuning involved. with that said i like the kit i got pulls hard all the way to redline. i dynoed at 140.5hp and 137.2 tq but the shop i went to i was the first focus they ever tuned. they are a mustang shop. so if i took it to someone who knows what there doing more i could easily get more power.if you need anymore questions answered just let me know.

mike

·
Registered
158 Posts
You guys aren't going to want the vortech when it comes out. My other car is an integra GSR and its well known in the Acura community that Centrifugal superchargers are meant for bigger engines, especially the Vortech. If you want boost man go turbo, I've researched this to death in the past 4 months(I live in Cali, so must live by CARB), and the Jackson is a decent set up. Just not for our cars. As far as Gude goes they're are known for funny idle, and all other types of probs. Go with Tom, he's the man right now,and he actually owns a focus.

[ 03-25-2003, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: Andy The Egg ]

·
Registered
836 Posts
My sig shows what can be accomplished with a gude headpackage.....Russell

[ 03-25-2003, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: Russell ]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts