Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I BOUGHT THE GUDE STAGE 2 TURBO KIT AND THE PRO M CHIP WENT BAD ON ME TWICE. I CRACKED MY NUMBER 3 PISTON. I CALLED BILL GUDE AND THEY SAID THEY DO NOT RUN CHIPS WITH THEIR TURBO KITS UNLESS SOMEONE ASKS FOR ONE. THEY ALSO TOLD ME THAT PRO M THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE THE CHIP WENT OUT OF BUSINESS. SO I WAS GOING TO RUN THE TURBO WITHOUT THE CHIP. BUT I WAS THEN TOLD THAT I NEEDED TO RUN THE TURBO WITH SOME SORT OF CHIP FROM A GUY I WORK WITH. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH SOME INFO.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
First of all I have NEVER heard of a Pro-m chip. Are you sure your not talking about MAF? and regardless of what bill gude tells you, you MUST have tuning, in the form of larger injectors (42# is what most of us run) some sort of either a aftermarket MAF or something to address that AND a CHIP. Preferably a chip that is tuned for your car on a dyno.

Scott

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
look bro i did the same thing with the gude kit ill post pics 4 u and bill gude is a dick all he cares about is the sale i has a junk ass kit that need lots of work to be a OK kit and dont use caps

the kit (if u want to call it that)

the out come

·
Registered
990 Posts
*****PLEASE STOP YELLING*****

This is actually quite common knowledge on these boards. Sorry to sound like an @$$#0!e.

1. You need a chip with a turbo. Period. It subtracts spark timing, adds fuel, and allows you to run a different mass air flow sensor

2. Gude kit sucks, sorry to hear about your loss. You are definitely not the first to bend over and let them have their way with you, sorry to hear they didn't use lube.

3. Pro-m only makes mass air flow meters, well... made them while they were in business, they are no longer...

4. Search button is your friend.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Kiss your engine g'bye N3w8Ie! HAHA

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well ZX3focusguy I'm running 42# injectors with a 70MM Pro M MAF also Bill Gude is the person that told me the chip was programed by Pro M.

·
Registered
990 Posts
^^^ Like I said, no lube...

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
What chip are you using? Diablo? SCT? what? Last I knew GUDE didnt include a chip and there theroy is that you dont need one. Which anyone with any knowledege will tell you thats [censored]. Adding a Pro-M mass air and the 42's will only make the situation worse by adding even more timing to an already aggressive table.

Scott

Scott

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Brian.. find an SCT dealer in your area (Call SCT or go to their website at www.sctflash.com).

Or Contact Tom at FocusPower. Tom has no issues tuning Forced Induction by mail. Most other tuners I know if would prefer not to tune FI by mail.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
bill is a has no clue how to tune a focus cut your loss and fix what needs to be fixed on the kit get a tuned chip from one of the focus only dealers (focus sport,focus-power,ect)
randy or tom can get u runing in no time but the waste gate on that thing needs work too it will creep bad over boost will come and bye bye motor trust me i have seen it teh down pipe need work to

·
Registered
990 Posts
Re: GUDE PERFORMANCE STAGE 2 TURBO KIT (CHIP QUESTION) *DELETED*

Post deleted by sprout2287

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
im game on teh down pipe it is very small coming in at under 2" and the the waste gate will hit the inside of it where the plate is welded on

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So does anyone have any sugestions on a good chip or something else to use. Or I was thinking about useing the Greddy E-Manage. I was running the superchip before I gought the turbo kit I could probably fing someone to reprogram it for me.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
save your money it doesnt work good at all on teh focus

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
go with a chip or if u want to tune your self get the pro racer pack from SCT

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Like stated above, I would comtact Tom at www.focus-power.com or [email protected]

Or Randy at www.focussport.com

Either of these guys can get you pointed in the right direction, unless of course you want to attempt to tune it yourself, then you can get the SCT pro racer, which is an undertaking if you don't know much about tuning. Good luck,

Scott

·
Registered
990 Posts
contact, but don't use the word gude...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts