Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm getting a great deal from a buddy on these cams...I called up Gude and they said the lift is 418 and duration is 228º ..My friend got them with his Gude head kit, but he already had Crower Stage 2. Would this be a reasonable mod, considering my only mods are an AEM short ram and HKS Hyper Catback? The guy says they are dyno proven 15-18 hp at the wheels..IF anyone has info it would be greatly apprectiated. My friend also says i may be better off just putting the intake cam on a leaving the stock exhaust in..and of course get some cam gears and dyno time... Thanks for your time

·
Registered
48 Posts
Whats up? Those cams are way too aggressive for your modifications. Ask gude if they can provide you with any actual dyno proof of their claim!
Those cams are more in tune with a car that will make its power higher in the rev range and combined with a worked cylinder head and appropriate accompanying mods.

I have been hearing some not so good things about those cams, not sure if its true.

1. They are reground and not ground from blanks which means that they sacrifice the diameter of the cams base circle to increase the lobes lift.

2. Because of that you will need to clearance the cams and shim the buckets individually otherwise there will be alot of valvetrain noise.

3. Your car will not idle properly without a custom chip to raise your engine idle.

4. Those cams are designed for the gude head package for the ZX2 zetec in a strip/race application and not for a daily driven car.

IMHO stick with more user friendly cams like:
Crane/Ford Racing stage
Crower
Cat cams

They will be a better choice when combined with your mods, be fairly easy to install and you can pick up a set from any # of quality focaljet sponsors!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts