Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have searched and found numerous posts about this kit, what is the deal, is a good kit or not, I know it's not complete, but as far as hardware goes is it a good kit, ad this kit plus good management and timing, will it be a good, reliable kit.
Or is there no hope.
Be honest, lets not start bashing on Gude, just want your honest opion,

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
You can tell by the lack of replys that this is a sore subject. I had one of the 1st gude kits (actually the 2nd)
The kit was all fine except one piece of piping. Since then gude has redesigned his kit and the piping. I got to take a look at at HIN in chicago in july, if i would of known that his piping would of been availible i wouldnt of sold my turbo kit. I run nitrous now and actually run faster with that than i did at 6psi with the turbo, and i have much better reliablity.

-note i can not spell and dont even try.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
--as the crickets chirp--

I assume this is a sore subject, 40 views and 1 post.
not much to say I gues. oh well

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, the views have doubled, but still not a word.

·
Registered
744 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
ill be breif. the kit looks great, makes good boost if you want. but it is lacking in the FM area, they will tell you that what they have is fine. Im a gude dealer and I blew up a zx3 with it soooo.. get the kit and add some FM

·
Registered
744 Posts
if you want a nice looking turbo kit, get the GUDE kit... if you get it... DO NOT USE IT WITHOUT A TYPE OF FUEL MANAGEMENT!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you know if I can get the kit without any of the FM, just all the basic hardware,

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Looks kill

its never gude........ get it

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks kill
its never gude........ get it
what do you mean by that.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
i'm sayin it looks nice but its not good "gude"

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whats not good about it besides FM, some specifics please.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
phordman i sent you a pm.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yep

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bump,
so whats wrong with the kit besides lack of FM.

·
Registered
468 Posts
As it would appear to me man, its a good kit it just doesnt have the proper Fuel managment. So I think that if you want a cheaper kit it could be good just make sure that you know someone who knows a [censored] ton about fuel tuning...and can get you the right stuff. Personally I think that Toms kit is WAY overpriced. I might be missing something but damn. even for his starter kit DAMN. I would say if you dont want to lay down the cash for his then build your own and buy his MIC kit. That would seem to be the way for low buck self satisfaction lol.

Im sure people disagree with me and thats cool. This is the *opinion* I have formed about turboing the focus.

·
Super Moderator
12,437 Posts
ill be breif. the kit looks great, makes good boost if you want. but it is lacking in the FM area, they will tell you that what they have is fine. Im a gude dealer and I blew up a zx3 with it soooo.. get the kit and add some FM
Yep.. What he said. That was the last I saw my car too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts