Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hurray!

I found a Wiring harness and a PCM from the car my engine came from! Yessss! So, the situation is this: I'm going to tear out the old hacked off wires, harness and PCM. I'll start from scratch, and hope for a speedy recovery. I have NEVER been so frustrated with a project as I am with this one. If it gets any more hairy, I'll just sell it.
I always say that.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
It's a bummer to hear it's so difficult to mate the two motors, at least the electronics. You'd think it'd be simpler than this...

It's going to rock when it's finished though!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the biggest problem is that when FC took out their drag motor, they cut all the wires so short, it was too tough to find what was what and make it match up to what we've got to work with on the engine.

The cool thing about this is that this is THE harness from THIS engine.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Do you already have the D23 block sitting in the car?
or on a palette sitting in the garage..?

Just wondering because I noticed cosworth is releasing their F1 rod-bearing's... that'll help those eagle rod's reach the 9k rpm area.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The engine and tranny are bolted in. It's just awaiting the wiring, fuel lines, axles, and heater hoses.

·
Banned
1,566 Posts
I think the biggest problem is that when FC took out their drag motor, they cut all the wires so short, it was too tough to find what was what and make it match up to what we've got to work with on the engine.

The cool thing about this is that this is THE harness from THIS engine.
you tried to wire it up using a zetec harness? why would you even try that, sorry it took you so long and you wasted so much time, but you shouldnt have even attempted doing that.. oh well

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Me too. $200 more dollars thrown into the build ... yay. At least I got a decent deal on the wire harness and pcm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts