Ford Focus Forum banner
461 - 480 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I'll take that 65mm tb off your hands when you do. I'm going to order header wrap and a new cat and what ever else I need here in the next week or two.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
I need to hurry up and convert to the ITBs and get rid of the crappy 65mm TB. :p
Your build just gets better... have you figured out how your going to fit the ITBs yet? Cut away some firewall and plastic, or do you have a different plan?

·
Look under the curve... UNDER THE CURVE!
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #463 ·
Your build just gets better... have you figured out how your going to fit the ITBs yet? Cut away some firewall and plastic, or do you have a different plan?
I honestly haven't looked that far into it. I'm going to see about making the Megasquirt thing work for starters. I'll have to see about picking up a kit this summer and putting it together.

I'm not really that concerned about "re-shaping" the firewall if need be. I'll just grab a hammer and go at it til everything fits. The great thing about working on cars is that it's not rocket science and it's certainly not a black art (although suspension development can get close). :lol:

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
If you only need to get a little bit of room, you might be alright with a hammer :eek:, but somewhere behind there is a reinforcing bar... you know, the one that supposedly makes a strut tower bar just an ornament.

I think the ITBs will fit no problem, but the filter or air box (whichever you use) is the part that might take some creative design.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Is no one going to address my suggestion? Why do you need ITBs anyway? What to need is a correctly engineered IM with the correct size plenum and TB.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Is no one going to address my suggestion? Why do you need ITBs anyway? What to need is a correctly engineered IM with the correct size plenum and TB.
I should let Seth answer (but of course he will anyway, if he wants), I just think if you read the whole thread :eek: you'll see he wants to build something unusual, something uncommonly responsive... ITBs will be VERY responsive once you get in their properly tuned power curve, and it would be extremely rare in a Focus.

Personally, I'd love to see him do that (or anybody for that matter) and I'm definitely not the only one... then I'd want to make it to a meet to hear it rip. :arr:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts

·
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #468 ·
I got in 16 runs at the drag strip tonight. It was running low 15s pretty consistently. Best was 15.0297 @ 92.68. It was pretty much a perfect run; 0.0096 light, 2.2045 60' and 9.6905 @ 70.04 in the 1/8th. Very hot and humid as well (86*F and 59% Humidity) Trap speeds were pretty consistently 92 MPH at the top of 3rd.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
It's time for some 4.06 gears and a torsen!

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Dang. I was running 14.6 @ 95mph in my full interior head/cams 4.06 car.

Let's get that thing faster!!!

- Drew

·
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #471 ·

- Drew
4.06 gears give, what, a 17% effective torque increase? I'm guessing a shorter FD, LSD, and some tires other than my Goodyear Eagle all-seasons would put me in that ballpark.

·
Registered
219 Posts
15s do seem kinda low, go back on a day with less humidity i bet u shave at least 2 tenths consistantly. Its been awhile since iv read any past posts but what did u dyno?
I ran 15.6 at 86 with my stock focus (drag radials) and a 14.8 at 95 with FR head,stg 3 cams,svt header. then again i run at Cecil and its known to be a fast track.
Then jumped to 13.4 with a roush kit and stock head. Boost FTW...

·
Frushie took advantage of me
2,214 Posts

- Drew
If i remember correctly, we gutted the car that day, and you were on DR's.

It was also cold as **** that day ranging around 40 degrees.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Seth, your build is getting blown up on another forum...they say it's slow, and it's gonna detonate in 5 miles since it doesn't have Tom's tune. LOL!

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Chaney,

Gutted?

Removed rear seats and on DR's that I couldn't cut better than a 2.1 60ft?

That's full interior. The only interior left in Seths car is the dash and he has fixed backs. The DR's didn't hook well in the cold + I can't drive. It could have been 'faster'.

As said, lets get that thing faster.

rowdy,

Does it make that much of a difference? Are you aware of how little a difference a back seat makes? It's less than 40lbs total.

- Drew

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
You have to remember it was a learning experience for him since he hasn't done much drag racing.

I can't believe me posting that over there that it blew up like that. Then again Tom is a ****tard ******* about 99% of everything he didn't help someone with. The kid wanted some information so I figured this would be a good thread for him to read through. Oh well...

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Oh, i'm aware.

I was more or less attempting to motivate :p

- Drew

·
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #479 ·
Hey Seth, your build is getting blown up on another forum...they say it's slow, and it's gonna detonate in 5 miles since it doesn't have Tom's tune. LOL!
LOL! Since it's got over 7000 miles on it, and the only failures have been from my own mistakes. Not to mention I made 17 passes at the drag strip in an hour and a half (and consistently ran 15.0-15.2x), then drove it home. I don't really expect much different from that crowd, though. There is even less imagination over there than there is on Focaljet.

I am contemplating selling it, though and looking for an air-cooled flat 6.

461 - 480 of 488 Posts