Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my Fiance are thinking about entering the Gumball 3000 Rally next year (think cannonball run) if there is another, and I wonder if anyone has any idea on how to enter or where to find info. Depends on cost to enter. I dont expect to win, Its just the experience.

I almost did this years ago, a run from North of Baltimore to OC same thing...but just before I arrived, I heard cops busted it and arrested people...

So..anyone...help??

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
i was in las vegas in april when the gumbasllers came thru, i had a few short words with the driver of a brand new 04 viper, i bout creamed over a viper (i know its sad) cool guy.

http://www.gumball3000.com/

thats just a quick search on google

i forsee this thread gettin locked tho

wheres my beer

·
Inebriated Pecker Obstructionist
2,958 Posts
Last year as they were coning through Houston, I had half of the import guys I know chasing them down the freeway, all the way to New Orleans!

I just happened to be getting my tires fixed on the west side of the city, so I was seeing them as they were actually entering the city, and calling to my buddies.

One thing I did notice alot of was Porsche 911's, it seemed like they were the most predominant car.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
don't quote me, but i thought i remember seeing somewhere that the entry cost was $3,000 to $5,000.

Edit: ok, checking the website, it's £8,000 GBP for the first two people in the car... but 150 car limit, and it says the most exotic and eccentric cars get in, so unless you've got some hot ride aside from your Focus, good luck

that would be hella cool though. that group of Playboy bunnies got in last year with just a Mini Cooper, but then again, they were Playboy bunnies, they prolly had more connections lol

haha check this out:

The entry fee includes accommodation in the most amazing 5-star hotels each night, including the night of registration (Tuesday 4th May) throughout the week, until Monday 10th May. This includes all breakfasts, lunches and dinners, as well as several wild parties, and even VIP tickets to watch the Barcelona Grand Prix in the Gumball 3000 Grandstand. All drivers and co-drivers will share Deluxe double/twin rooms to accommodate two (2) people. If upgrades are requested to Royal Suites please contact the Gumball 3000 HQ after your entry has been accepted. Each hotel usually only has a small number of Royal Suites, and therefore such suites cannot be guaranteed due to the large number of Royalty participating
does that mean that if you call dibs on a Royal Suite, some Duke and Duchess of wherever gotta sleep on a twin bed?

oh oh and then there's this:

The third party and your own liability insurance policy must provide minimum cover of [£703,000 GBP] per person and [£2,109,000 GBP] per accident.
so you might wanna look at a nice personal umbrella policy too

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
What about running an Un-Official version of the rally, with the cars, the whole way? All you have to do is be a steady driver and make as few of stops as posssible. Gas only and keep lots of water bottles. Might be a fun 5 days if they have it again.

·
Registered
798 Posts
What about running an Un-Official version of the rally, with the cars, the whole way? All you have to do is be a steady driver and make as few of stops as posssible. Gas only and keep lots of water bottles. Might be a fun 5 days if they have it again.
If you mean driving along with the actual Gumball drivers, they call those people "Scumballers".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts