Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gutted catalytic converter= where\'s the power

just punched out my cat and mounted it back up, not a noticable noise increase, but that's good, what's not is i just spent an hour messing with that and can't tell any difference in power. can someone please give me any idea as to why there was no increase.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Re: gutted catalytic converter= where\'s the power

The stock Catalatyc converter is THE most horribly engineered exhaust piece that I have ever seen. It will not flow any better gutted, in fact it might even flow worse because of the shape. If you'll notice that the bottom of the cat where the exhaust gas is released is square. not good for flow...Just get the FC off-road pipe from Tony D at New Edge.

·
Registered
591 Posts

DUDE THAT WAS NOT A SMART MOVE!!!!1 THAT CAT IS WORTH $ YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST GOTTEN A OFFROAD PIPE

·
Registered
222 Posts

who will give me money for that old ass cat? i will sell mine in an instant.

·
Registered
803 Posts

Since now your pipe goes form little to big hollow cat to little again the exhaust flow is super turbulent. That create as much if not more backpressure than the stock cat.

·
Registered
294 Posts

Originally posted by spankenstein:
Since now your pipe goes form little to big hollow cat to little again the exhaust flow is super turbulent. That create as much if not more backpressure than the stock cat.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Gutted cats hurt horsepower, turbulence isnt good, and that big empty chamber slows gasses considerabely.

·
Registered
258 Posts

just like everyone else is saying, gutted cats will hurt your performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts