Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
listening to a local radio station this morning and they had a guy on that said he just won the gumball in a rented mitsubishi eclipse. said they started in a cobra but it broke down in vegas. said they won cause they were getting 30 mpg., and didn't have to stop as much as the exotics

anybody heard about this?

·
Registered
829 Posts
I don't know about that...I mean the F50 in the video I have was going anywhere from 150-200+ and the eclipse was probably running around 90 or so the whole way. The F50 could easily pull over and get gas and pass the eclipse again

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Not at 2 MPG it wouldn't. Yes you can drive fast but it is very hard to feed a V12 at that speed. 450 miles per tank=Eclipse compared to the Ferrari 150 miles per tank.

G

·
0 Posts
Just a little reminder. This gumball contest appears to be a8contest of speed on pubtic road{. Where are a safety p~lice on)this toqic?? I0also don't agreu with cars goinw well iw excess of 100 mph for WERY extõnded pesiods of)time.

·
Registered
381 Posts
that's funny. when they got here the eclipse was WAYYY behind. a Avalanche came in first about 10 minutes b4 a 550i(?) they were sayin alot of cars weren't makin it though. alot of the faster cars probably got pulled over and arrested. this one car, i don't even know what it was, the driver said he got it up to 245 on the highway over here!
so knowing they were pullin like that, and on a consistent basis, i can see how they might have ended up in jail.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
People get pulled over all the time in the Gumball. The cops know they're coming, and they practically line the streets.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
are there any cool video montages out yet? i can't wait lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts