Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what kind of gas mileage are you guys getting with the JRSC installed? Didnt Oscar Jackson make some comments toward this subject on Speed TV? I cant remember what he said. Any way if you guys with the JRSC could post your mileage I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So your gas mileage was not really hurt after the install?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I would think it could improve it actually except for the fact that it will be more fun to stab it.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
the mileage is suppose to go up because the car is running more efficient...however..

boost+heavy foot=lower mileage
drive like dealer wants you to=better mileage

boost or no boost I am in the heavy foot category so my mileage sucks anyway.

·
Registered
534 Posts
No not really cause after the install I drove back on I-5 for like 400 miles and only had to stop onces. I'm guessing the little black box learned on the way back home my driving style. I do have a problem with surging at low speeds or slow accelarations. For example: lets say your cruising around in traffic. At partial throttle slowly hold second gear to redline and you will feel the power turn off and on reaptedly. Some people call it surging or jerking back and forth. But its really the black box trying to figure out or anticapate what you are going to do. So power is not smooth at partial throttle very herky jerky. But on the other hand when you drop hammer or floor it power is smooth and builds quickly.

·
Registered
993 Posts
The black box can't determine how you drive, it only works on boost...so at part throttle as you say, the black box is not in use. What you're experiencing is a lack of air which is causing it to come close to choking out.

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts
No not really cause after the install I drove back on I-5 for like 400 miles and only had to stop onces. I'm guessing the little black box learned on the way back home my driving style. I do have a problem with surging at low speeds or slow accelarations. For example: lets say your cruising around in traffic. At partial throttle slowly hold second gear to redline and you will feel the power turn off and on reaptedly. Some people call it surging or jerking back and forth. But its really the black box trying to figure out or anticapate what you are going to do. So power is not smooth at partial throttle very herky jerky. But on the other hand when you drop hammer or floor it power is smooth and builds quickly.
Did you have the ECU upgraded with the new program from Ford yet? PM JRPower, he has more information on it. I know their car smoothed out a lot once the ECU was upgraded.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm actually really curious on the mileage thing too. My little car is being worked on in Westminster as we speak, so hopefully in a day or two I'll give it the 101 trip back to SJ and see if gas mileage drops significantly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts