Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Inebriated Pecker Obstructionist
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, had my Cup Kit picked up at FocusSport yesterday(Thanx Jordan and Randy
).
Then Jordan and I went over to a buddies house to install everything, and we probably may have finished too, if it wasn't for Jordan's short attention span("Oh look someone brought beer! Oh look, someone is shooting off fireworks! Oh look, those wrenchs are shiny!"). But, he was a big help anyways, even though he kept trying to do things the hardway.
But, so far I have the fronts only, I am going to try and do the rears tonight. The only thing that bothers me, is that I hope they settle more. After about a half hour of driving around last night, the still sit as high, if not higher than my Progress 1.8's. But, then again I have always had a really low sitting Progress set, that was lower than anyone else running comparable tires/wheels.
After I get the rears on, the car will go to be aligned, and have my tires rebalanced. Hopefully the few hundred miles I put this weekend will settle them down more. I was really looking forward to a lower stance.

Anyways, the front does feel a little tighter, but it's hard to tell with the stock rear shocks being almost completely blown. I will be able to feel it better once the rears are on.

Latre, Al

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Re: H&R Cup Kit 50% installed...

Al, I installed a cup kit on a friends car a few weeks ago. This is what it will look like, with time.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts

hehe, sorry, for a minute there I imagined you sticking on one SIDE only and going aroudn a track NASCAR style.

·
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Ryan, thanx for the pic, but all I can see at work is a little red x. I'll have to check it at home tonight.
I was looking at my car last night, and I am able to put two fingers (vertical) between the fender, and the tire.

·
Registered
468 Posts

The rear will hold the front up, so it will be lower. The rears are pretty easy just remove the sway bar. I forgot to do that and [censored] got binded up.

Here is mine...

·
Registered
320 Posts

ok, so i have a short attention span. Retina, whoever you are, what is the thought process of your quotation of the rear holding the front up? i don't understand your reasoning or thought process. the lowering is now 100% done! and you have no idea how much i didn't drink tonight to help al with it!!! but i do know that i hate working on small cars now! they have the suxor. i like just not working on em, pay somebody else and it will be much cheaper! since you gotta take your time to do it, drink the beers and install nice things! it's just easy when other people do it! oh well i am done ranting. bye bye

Jordan

·
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Dude, we knocked out the rears in less than an hour, and that was from the time we put the car on jacks, to the time we got everything buttoned back up, and set the car back on the ground.
I can't believe how easy the rears were! The car is alot stiffer now, I just need to take it down to get aligned today.

Thanx alot Jordan

·
Registered
468 Posts

J latimer that is one of the hardest posts to follow. I dont know how i offended you but chill mang. My reasoning is that the rears are still at stock height so its not going to let the front drop all the way. It will be lower but it does hold it up some. I dont really want to explain it with physics man but I just know that way back in the day when i put my suspension on my first civic and i got the fronts on but the rears were seized and i had to take it in, the front didnt drop much. One, because it needed to settle for about a week, and two because the rear was almost 2.5 inches higher.

I told ya the rears were pretty easy. Know if you take everything off and on a couple hundred times like i have it gets really easy lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts

The rear will hold the front up, so it will be lower. The rears are pretty easy just remove the sway bar. I forgot to do that and [censored] got binded up.

Here is mine...

do your tires rub at all?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts

Last one it 17x7 tsw revos (40mm) and 215/40/17's no rubbage after i rolled the fenderlip

·
Registered
468 Posts

Wow older post just now saw your question. No they dont rub but i had to bend the front driver fender lip back just a tad. I just used my hand and bent it toward the fender wall. I autox really hard and have never had any rubbage after that

1 - 11 of 11 Posts