Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm not really a "rookie"(been here for quite some time actually), used to be FocusZX3Rules, but had a problem so I now have a new name. Anyway, I received my H&R Cup Kit in the mail about 2 weeks ago
, but I can't have it installed for a month(+) because of money issues. So... now that I have time to sit and plan / think, I want to make sure EVERYTHING is done correct and at once. Main concern...camber(or whatever it is on the Focus, but you know what I mean). I just cannot afford to ruin my ES100 tires quickly. How likely is it that a normal alignment done by a good shop will fix the camber issues? My current Progress springs were able to be back to stock, but this new drop is decently lower. How likely is it that camber bolts, or whatever, will be needed? Also, what is the issue with the bumpstops on the front and back when installing the Cup Kit? Is this a concern like it is with the Sportline springs. I was thinking no, because of how stiff the Cup Kit springs are, but it was worth making sure. Are the stock ones ok how they are? Or would trimming them / buying SVT ones be worth the small hassle?

---Also, I have read around about the annoying "ticking"/"chattering" of the front suspension over real little, quick inperfections in the road. I have this, and it's getting even worse. I know it always happens when you lower your car. I heard that it is a pretty simple fix, but what is really involved and what parts are needed? Someone said that Ford wants big bucks(as usual) to fix the problem, so I was planning on having my performance shop fix this while installing the Cup Kit and whatever else(camber bolts[?]) that I might need. Thanks in advance for replies.

--Dan.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Got the Cup kit had it 40 bout 30k miles and have done 2 full alignments and everything was able to be returned back to factory spec.

As for the bumpstops, the instruction with the kit say do not trim them and i have never heard of any problems, plus i autox on azenis and have never had a problem.

Now the ticking sound in the front suspension, i had that b4 and after my kit. some ppl say its the front swaybar endlinks and what not. I took mine out and it went away, plus off throttle over steer is fun

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, thanks man. Thats good to here that nothing is needed on the bumpstops, but I am still nervous about needing camber correction devices. It just sounds so amazing that with a 2.5+ drop, everything can be put back to factory spec with an alignment! Also, I still want to fix that ticking sound if possible. Does anyone know a fix?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got it on my svt. Had it for about 7K miles. Alignment got everything situated just fine. Didn't need to trip the bump stops at all. NEVER had any ticking issues like you describe.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I had my toe adjusted when i put mine on but left the camber where it was. It left it at about -1.5 which is exactly where i wanted it.

Just a question, why not do it yourself? Its really pretty simple. And I have seen write ups on here. Either way its a great suspension and you will have fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts