Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the day has finally come. H&R front and rear sway bars are ready to go. They are both 24mm and the front bar is adjustable. Prices are $175 for the front and $159.95 for the rear. These won't be on the site for a few days, so if you want to order them, it will have to be over the phone.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
done
BTW.......get a pic up of that front link NOW!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Hmmm...sounds interesting. I'm a bit skeptical of a larger front sway bar since the car already naturally understeers when pushed hard. How willing are they to sell those adjustable end links by themselves? Would they work with the stock front sway bar?

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With the info that you have right now...

What range of adjustiblility is there? Is it like 22, 24, 26 mm effective diameter?
I don't know yet. I've gotta go vote and then I'm out until Monday, I think. I'll have to get back to ya! I should have pics sometime next week I would guess.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
With the info that you have right now...

What range of adjustiblility is there? Is it like 22, 24, 26 mm effective diameter?
I'm very curious how they've set it up.......designed with the 24mm rear in mind, I'm guessing the front is 24 with two drops in effective diameter. Sounds great, an effective 22f/24r for good lower speed rotation (soloII), with two options to button the front down more for high speed road course work.

hmmmm......I'm not convinced I need any more front wheel rate but now I'm wondering if the adjustable front bar is just a more simple approach than swapping out rear sizes according to courses.??

thoughts? comments? Bueller??

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
H&R vs Auto-X-ZTS...hmmmm....pics???

CCC

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
This is interesting! I could do a 24mm as well, but I am inclined to think that 24mm (15/16") up front is a tad too much, so I almost certainly will be doing a 3-way 7/8" (22.4) to match up to my 24mm adjustable rear. The hope will be that the 22.4mm deflection rate will be the middle setting on my bar.

Personally I like the idea of having both ends adjustable; the downside is that it may take a little longer to "nail" the right setup.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
This is interesting! I could do a 24mm as well, but I am inclined to think that 24mm (15/16") up front is a tad too much, so I almost certainly will be doing a 3-way 7/8" (22.4) to match up to my 24mm adjustable rear. The hope will be that the 22.4mm deflection rate will be the middle setting on my bar.

Personally I like the idea of having both ends adjustable; the downside is that it may take a little longer to "nail" the right setup.

I'd rather work it out with the adjustability than not have the ability to change stuff to tell the truth. Keep us updated...

FSVp...when can we expect to see pics of these H&Rs??? Has anyone ordered these from you yet???

CCC

CCC

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Perhaps you may like to visit the swaybar thread in the Auto-x forum...

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
Any more details on the adjustable front bar? Is it 24mm and softer or 24mm and harder? Or is it not even really 24mm at all (relative to the configuration of the stock bar)? Are you going to include handy-dandy install directions (for the front in particular... any tricks to avoid dropping the sub-frame are welcome!)?

And what's with the bars saying "Focus Sport" on them? Is that what the hold up was?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts